Chapter 6

I was awoken by someone shaking my body. “Hunni, wake up! Were here now.” Immediately, I opened my eyes. I take it my mums in a better mood now. My life in London was just about to start, I couldn’t believe it. I would know no one, but they could know me.

After my mums career hit off, she was always followed around by paparazzi. I’m quite a shy girl when it comes down to being followed by crowds, being in a crowd , being centre of attention and yeah you get the idea. My mum made sure that the paparazzi didn’t give me any attention or notice me. Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact she done that but its just I’m nervous that people will recognise me. If I had to have a new life I’d want it to be a normal one. I don’t want to be known as Donna Brokeman’s daughter. I’d want to be known as myself, Avery Brokeman.

I stood up and got off the plane. London was completely different to L.A. Especially the weather. Nearly 95% of the time, California is sunny. As I looked out at London, the sky released over a million rain drops. The dark night sky  had behind the full moon. Well, didn’t the weather help give out a shit vibe.

A car pulled up beside us and drove us to our home. Our new home, my mum looked so excited to be in London. Happiness flowing out of her pours. I longed to look out of my window to see the rest of London, but the windows were darkened  so no one could see in our out, the feeling of isolation spreaded around my body as the car come to a halt. We had finally arrived to our new house.

Stepping out of the car, the street lights helped to light up the new house. From what I could see, the house looked beautiful. Perfect even. It didn’t look to flashy, but then again it wasn’t the normal type of house my mum would buy. With my mother, she likes to buy humongous houses that you can see 5 miles away. However, this house was different, In front of me was a 3 story house with a little front garden. By the front door, a swing chair was lit up by the porch light. I couldn’t wait to go inside,. I thought I would fit in perfectly in this house.

Quickly, I scampered into the house and touched the walls trying to find the light switch. Flicking the switch, the rooms in front of me lit up. I was astonished. By the looks of things, the house had recently been finished. The gleaming new polished wooden floors and the black chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The walls licked with white paint making the hallway blend together perfectly.

Taking on step into the living room ahead of me, I saw a 62” television on the wall, accompanied by a rounded recliner sofa. In the middle of the two objects was a long black coffee table, with my favourite flowers in the middle, red roses. The living room looked out onto the back garden, I slid open the patio doors trying my hardest to look around. To help, the porch light turned on showing up the pool right in the centre. A small bar was sat beside the pool alongside a bunch of deck chairs. To the right of me was a long barbeque with a picnic table. If Kendall was her right now, she would be in love.

I couldn’t wait to explore the rest of the house but I was too tired to do anything. I mean, it is 9:30pm now and all I wanted to do was find my room and crash onto my bed. “Hunni, if I was you I would go and get an early night. It’s your first day of school tomorrow. Your uniforms already in your room waiting. If you go upstairs your bedrooms on the first left. Good night hun.”

Now I knew where abouts my bedroom was, I darted upstairs as quickly as I could to see what it was like. Slowly, I opened up my bedroom door as the anxiety levels started to raise. “It’s … perfection.” I whispered to myself my bedroom was unbelievably big, one wall was painted purple and the other three walls painted white. The two colours looked amazing together. Out of my window, I could see London. What a view! I had a sofa attached to y window sill. I’ve always wanted that. I knew that I would love my room. Maybe this move wouldn’t be so bad after all. I’m starting to like it here.

In the corner of my room was a couple of boxes. I know that I only have a few bits to unpack but I just cannot be bothered right now, I’m just so tired. Slowly, I stepped over to my wardrobe and shoved on some pjs. I’m lucky that someone’s already packed away most of my stuff. It feels so good to be in my comfys, tomorrow, tomorrows going to be a hard day. I start my new school. As I started to think about tomorrow, my stomach filled with knots. Grabbing my stomach, I jumped under my quilt and wrapped up warm . I just need to get some sleep, I have a big day ahead of me.