Chapter 3

After a minute of silence, I managed to urge a sentence from my mouth. “Urm…I’ve…I’ve gotta… I’ve got to go to school. Bye.” With that, I picked up my bag and walked out the door before my mum was even able to reply.

London. I was moving to London. More importantly, a new fucking country. I can’t move, I can’t. I can’t leave Kendall. No way! Me and Kendall have been best friends since I had first started 2nd grade. I was the new kid to the class who was scared. Everyone else didn’t dare come over to me, at recess I was left alone untill Kendall approached me. Her bright blue eyes glistened as she stared at me, unleashing her bright white shine. Her hand grabbed mine as she wrote ‘friends’ on my palm. Yes its cheesy but it meant so much to me. Ever since that day I’ve never let her go. How would I tell her I was moving? It would destroy her.

As I shut my front door, Kendall is sat in my drive way waiting for me in her car. She looked so happy, not noticing the hurt hiding behind my eyes and smile. “Ready babe?” Kendall shouted. I nodded and jumped into the passenger seat. Whilst riding to school, Kendall blasted her favourite song by Bastille- Pompeii . At the top of her lungs, she sang along to the song. These were the moments that I would miss when I move to London. At that moment, tears filled my eyes forcing a single tear to stroll down my cheek. I would miss Kendall.

As we pulled up into school, the bell rang. It was first period, me and Kendall had psychology. Whilst Kendall put the car in park and took the keys out of the ignition, I hopped out of the car soon followed by Kendall as we both made our way to first lesson. Kendall wouldn’t stop going on about a trip that she wanted us to go on in a few weeks time. She really wanted to go to Miami. Little did she know that I wouldn’t be here.

Within 2 seconds, I broke. All of the tears that I had been holding in flooded out of me like a volcano. I stopped in the middle of the path and sunk down to the floor. “Babe what’s wrong?” A panicked look took over Kendall’s face as she saw me slump to the floor. I was crying so hard that I wasn’t able to spit out any words. She wrapped her arms around me and helped me to my feet. “Go over there and sit next to the oak tree, Ill go tell Mr Kingston that you’ve been ill so I'm going to take you home.” Within a blink, Kendall ran off so I sat under the tree and tried to calm myself down.