Chapter 22

After the film had finished, I let out a yawn. Daym I was tired. “You must be shattered bless you, why don’t you go to bed? I’ll let myself out. I’ll leave my number on the table. Call me or text me whenever, whatever time, I’ll always be at the other end to talk and be there for you.” With reluctance, I turned around. I didn’t want to leave her but I’ve just met her and it’s late. My hand was grabbed. “W-where are you going Harry? Please. Please stay here. I feel safer with you around.” I mentally slapped myself in the face. What the fuck am I saying?! I must seem so desperate. My cheeks flushed red as I tear rolled down my face. Harry’s arm reached out and wiped it away. “Aww Avery, of course I will stay. Let me just make a phone call. Why don’t you go into the shower and jump into bed. I’ll be back in a minute.” After nodding at Harry, I made my way upstairs and jumped into the shower.

***Harry’s P.O.V***

“W-where are you going Harry? Please. Please stay here. I feel safer when your around.” The words made my heart skip two beats. She feels safer when I’m around? As I saw a tear roll down her face, I reached out to wipe it away. I have to stay, I have to. “Aww Avery, of course I will stay. Let me just make a phone call. Why don’t you go into the shower and jump into bed. I’ll be back in a minute.” Whilst I watched Avery nod at me, I smiled as I watched her walk upstairs. Grabbing my phone, I dialled Louis number. No answer, for fuck sake Louis! I left him a message saying I was staying at a mates house and went back inside.

20 minutes later, I walked upstairs. I guessed Avery would be out of the shower and dressed by now. As I reached the top step, I softly said Avery’s name. No reply. I felt rude if I opened the doors but she wasn’t replying. After attempting one of the doors, I saw Avery curled up on her bed. I smiled at her, she looks so adorable. Slowly walking over to Avery, I pulled the quilt over her and kissed her head. I didn’t want to wake her.

Walking away quietly, I heard a rustle coming from Avery. As I turn’t around, I realised she was looking at me. Great. I did wake her. “W-where are you going Harry?” I looked at her. “You fell asleep Ave, I didn’t want to disturb you.” She gave me a weak smile. “Hey, your not disturbing me. Come lay with me. Please?” Giving in, I laid down beside her and directed her to lay on my chest. I stroked her hair as I felt her breath seep through my top. I know this sounds stupid but I think I’m just starting to fall for Avery…

“Thank you for today Harry, honestly. You’re my hero.” I smiled as the words escaped her mouth. Within an instance, she fell asleep. I held Avery in my arms and squeezed her slightly. This is perfect. I placed my head on hers and started to fall asleep. It’s official … I really like Avery… Really like her. 

***Avery’s P.O.V***

The sounds of birds chirping happily bran me to. If I’m honest, I’m quite a heavy sleeper so I’m surprised I even woke up.  As my eyes went into focus, I realised I was snuggled up into someone. And that someone was Harry. Butterflies filled my stomach as a smile grew larger and larger on my face. I can’t believe Harry stayed all this time, stayed with me. I was just expecting him to leave after I had drifted off. But he stayed. Glancing over to my alarm clock, I whispered “Shit!” It’s only 5am! Why the hell aren’t I asleep right now?

Without trying to disturb Harry’s sleep, I snuggled up into Harry’s torso and shut my eyes. I loved this. I felt so comfortable, happy. This moment is just, perfect. His body heat keeping me warm and the sweet sound of Harry’s breathing floating down to my ears. Shutting me eyes, I fell back to sleep. I don’t want this to end.

***Harry’s P.O.V***

The sun beat down on my skin as it left a hot tingle. My entire body felt hot … except my torso. A wet feeling lingered on my torso leaving my top unbreakable from my skin. My arms were wrapped around a small, fragile body which felt as if it was wriggling. Soft sobs left the small body as I remembered who was in my arms… Avery. What was wrong? Was she okay?

I quickly looked down at Avery to see if she was awake. Nope, shes asleep. Why is she crying? As I went to remove my arm from around her, a scream left her mouth as she gripped onto my shirt. “Daddy…Daddy…No…Please Daddy…Please don’t leave me daddy! …No!”

Her legs kicked out as her grip on my shirt tightened. Louder sobs escaped her mouth as she wriggled her head. Aw, my poor baby’s having a nightmare. Wait, what? Why did I just call her that, I’m not even dating her, I mean, I haven’t even know her more than a day.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I turn’t my focus back on Avery. All that mattered right now was calming Avery down.

Staring at Avery’s face, I wiped away her tears and pulled her close to my chest. It worked. She seemed to calm down as soon as I touched her. Whilst cooing in her ear and stroking the back of her hair, a smile began to rub against my chest.

Glancing down at Avery’s face, her face glistened as it showed off her beautiful smile. She’s so fucking cute, and beautiful. God I really like her. If only this moment could last forever.

I broke my eyes away from Avery’s beauty and looked at the clock. 7:30am. Fuck!

Looking back down at Avery, her smile was still gleaming. Knowing I did that is the best feeling in the world.  Smile tore away from my teeth and spread across my face.

Placing my head on top of Avery’s, I planted a kiss on her head and closed my eyes. This is perfection.

***Avery’s P.O.V***

Hot breath lingered on my neck as I came to. The suns light blinded me as my eyes opened. Damn I was not ready for that. As I tried to move, I was stuck in the middle of Harry’s arms. A groan left his mouth as he began to wriggle. “Shit, shit, shit,” I mumbled under my breath, ”Please don’t wake up, I didn’t mean to wake you” Harry laid still and let go of me slightly, falling back into a heavy sleep. Yes! Thank fuck for that! I glanced up at Harry and was bewildered by his beauty. His bed head curls, long eyelashes and rosy cheeks. He looks so perfect even when he’s sleeping.

Glancing up at the clock, I checked the time. 9:30am. Hmm… Do I get up now? Arguing with myself in my head, an idea popped into my mind. Breakfast. I could make Harry breakfast in bed as a sort of thank you for staying with me last night and looking after me. What a perfect idea!

But one thing made this plan step back… how can I get out of Harry’s arms without waking him? This was now a challenge. Let’s do this!

Trying to not disturb Harry, I  gently grabbed his arm and moved it flat behind me. No sign of disturbing Harry. Yes! Once his arm was behind me, I slowly got up and stood beside the bed. Aww, Harry looks so freaking adorable! Snap out of it Avery, you need to leave the room and go to the kitchen. At that note, I walked slowly out of the bedroom without making a sound and stood in my door way. Challenge complete!