CHAPTER SIXTY: CANDY STORE

Start from the beginning

"Oh, stop being so childish, you two! I know that you guys are fighting over purchasing diapers just so you could get out of babysitting. How about we all go out to buy some instead?" Liam suggested maturely.

"Jeez, it's like I'm babysitting four kids instead of two." He added. Liam was right though, Niall and I weren't that much of a help.

"Oh crap! I forgot about my guitar lessons with Jon at 5! I'm late!" I suddenly remembered.

"Who's Jon?" Niall and Liam asked at the same time.

"Just a friend. Why?" If this is what my life is going to be as a married woman then I'd rather not.

"He better not be John Mayer, that guy's a massive flirt." Niall said.

"Come to think of it, he does look like John Mayer a bit..." I teased and Niall gasps.

"Then you wouldn't mind ALL of us coming to your guitar lessons now, would you?" Liam smiled.

"Huh?" But it's only for an hour...

******

"Sorry I'm late! Been pretty busy..." I apologized.

"I can see that. I didn't know you had... kids. Also the fact that you have two husbands holding each of them." He joked as he eyed Niall and Liam who were both eyeing him back suspiciously.

"That's a good one!" I cracked up.

"Okay, I'll teach you how to play 'Sirens' today. For the intro, place your fingers on the G chord." Jon stood behind me and sensing that I forgot about the chord, he guided my fingers on the strings right away.

Niall and Liam were sitting right across us with the twins on their laps, watching Jon's every move.

"Cher, how come you didn't ask me to teach you how to play the guitar instead? I am familiar with the instrument." Niall sounded rather hurt that I didn't turn to him for such a favor.

"Well, I figured that you were busy doing your stuff..." I answered honestly.

"I have a question for Jon. Is it necessary to touch Cher's fingers when you can just tell her what to do? What if I was your student? Would you touch my fingers too?" Liam asked sarcastically and this made me glare at him.

"Uh... yeah. I probably would." Jon winked at the guy.

"Interesting..." Liam said.

******

"I shouldn't have brought you guys with me to my lessons but since you insisted, thanks to you two, I didn't really learn that much." So much for productivity.

"What did we do wrong? Aside from Ernest farting..." Niall asked naively.

We had to stop by the supermarket to buy the babies the diapers that they've always wanted?

"Here, hold Ernest for a bit, will you? I'm going to the candy store right across the street! I can't take it anymore! I'm craving some sweets..." Niall dumped the heavy baby to me then hurried off. What the?

"When will Niall EVER grow up?" I shook my head.

Liam and I were lining for the counter, each carrying a baby when an old lady next to us said,

"You two make a lovely couple! And you've got such lovely little angels too." The old lady exclaimed.

"Oh, we're not together. And just between us, we stole these babies." I jokingly whispered and gave the old woman a wink.

"Oh my..." Her expression was priceless!

"My wife's just kidding." I heard Liam whisper to the old gal behind my back.

******

"Now I'm craving for some chocolates too! This is all Niall's fault! And what's taking him SO long anyway?" I convinced Liam to check out the candy store with me which will only take a few minutes.

Liam took the liberty of purchasing two baby carriers for convenience and now we get to wear Ernest and Doris on our backs like a backpack.

I thought that Liam would make a great dad someday...

Once we entered the colorful candy store filled with all the possible sweets that you could ever imagine, I got lost in such a delightful place... like being in a complete trance as if entering 'The Chocolate Factory' as Charlie!

Now I know what's taking Niall so long. This place is breathtaking... for a kid.

"Sometimes, I envy gay couples." My eyes landed on two guys with their backs facing us, laughing so merrily while slapping each other's behinds as they competed on who can blow a larger bubble out of a gum.

When they turned around, my blood pressure boiled almost immediately because the gay lovers turned out to be... Harry and Louis who released a small yelp when he saw me.

"Honey! This isn't what it looks like! We both love carrots and pigeons so I'm sure that we can get past this!" Louis started babbling nonsense.

"So this is what you call 'work', huh?" I bet the two of them planned it all along! To play around.

"I was just taking a break, I swear!" Louis said defensively.

"No, you're not. You just told me that you're having a blast with Harry here... without having to take care of your siblings." Niall finally found us and he folded his arms as he stood by my side.

"Okay... it's Harry's fault!" Louis blamed his friend.

"I know nothing." Harry rolled his eyes.

"What did I miss?" Zayn asked Louis and Harry as he appeared before us with a handful of sweets in his arms.

What exactly is going on around here?! My head's spinning!

Perfect! Now that the three jerks are here,

"I challenge you three on a match vs. Niall, Liam and me!" I stated and as if on cue, the twins squealed excitedly.

Oh, the irony. There will be a blood bath though!

******

A/N: Louis' baby siblings are just so adorable that I HAD to include them in a chapter xD