CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU

"To be honest... YEAH, WE'RE TOTALLY DATING!" WHAT THE?!

Luke flashed me a smirk.

"Help!" I turned to face Louis and Niall.

"We're on it." Louis dragged Niall with him as they approached 5SOS.

"She even visited me in my flat yesterday---" Luke talked to the reporters.

"Hey buddy, are you sure you're NOT making things up out of your one-sided love for Cher?" Louis questioned him like a reporter.

"Because from the looks of it, you sound rather desperate..." Niall side-commented.

"Um... I can explain?"

"Yeah, you better! You better explain yourself, boy... for NOT inviting us over at your place! Why only Cher, huh? You lucky bastard..." Louis tackled him playfully like they were long lost best friends or something.

"Like I said, it was a surprise visit." Luke grinned.

Niall, on the other hand, high-fived the other members of the band.

What the hell? I was expecting more of a brawl to happen, NOT a friendly reunion.

"After-party in our place tonight!" Luke announced.

"Alright! We'll TOTALLY be there!" Louis high-fived the guy.

When they returned back to me, Louis and Niall were smiling like total idiots.

"What's with that look on your face?" Louis asked me.

"You don't seem happy..." Niall added.

Of course I'm not happy.

"You guys knew them all along?"

"Uh yeah, we're close. They're like our younger brothers and I don't think Luke means you any harm. He's practically three years younger than you... unless you dig younger guys." Louis winked.

"..." I'm speechless.

******

"And now, here's 5 Seconds of Summer for a special performance..." The host announced.

"What I like about you, you hold me tight...

Tell me I'm the only one, wanna come over tonight? Yeah...

Keep on whispering in my ear,

Tell me all the things that I wanna hear cuz it's TRUE, that's what I like about you..."

Luke kept his gaze on me the whole time he was singing the song while his band played.

I have to admit that they're not that bad but I had to look away every now and then so that I wouldn't start getting uncomfortable with his magnetic gaze and his cute dimples.

This is weird. I've never been linked to a younger guy before...

And to make matters worse, he's sort of my type... but that doesn't mean I'll be all forgiving on him for being a jerk.

'You coming to the after-party?' I read Niall's text message.

'No.' I replied.

'But Luke wants you to come...'

'No.'

'But I want you to come...'

'Still no.'