CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE: HEART ATTACK

"Go out with me." Liam stated seriously.

"What? Why?" It's not everyday that Liam Payne randomly pops up my front door to ask me this.

"Um, I don't really know why you should but..."

"You want us to go out on a date for no reason?" I eyed him skeptically.

"..."

"Liam, let's just be friends for now, okay? I'm not really looking for a relationship right now." I rejected him.

"Fine, but let me live with you instead." He said.

"Huh? Is that why you came here in the first place? To ask me that?"

"Yeah, I guess the asking you out part was just an extra question." He scratched his head.

"I don't know..." I hesitated.

"Of course I won't just stay here for free, I'll do the cooking for you."

"Deal!" I said with a big smile.

I have to admit that I do love the guy's cooking.

"And feel free to ask me anything that I can help you with like some special services or something..." He offered.

"What kind of 'special' services are we talking about here?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Like cleaning your bathroom."

"How about scrubbing my back for me when I take a bath?"

"I'm sorry, what? Uh, yeah, I guess that's something special alright." He was now blushing.

"I'm just kidding, Liam." I chuckled.

"Oh. Right." He looked away.

"What I really want to know is why you want to live with me all of a sudden..." I stepped forward towards the guy.

"Um... because I heard about you having a secret admirer on the loose from Zayn and I just wanted to make sure that you're safe? Since we're dealing with a potential stalker here." He gazed into my eyes.

"Why do you care so much?" I have too many questions in mind...

"Why won't you let me?" He tilted my chin with his fingers which surprised me a bit.

"And how do I know that you're not my secret admirer?" I was the one who looked away this time.

"You've got a point there... however, I'm not your mystery guy. There, I already admitted it so can you please let me in now? I need to go pee."

So all this time he was holding it in?

I moved aside to let the guy through and I can't help but smile to myself when he wasn't looking.

******

"Hey, babe!" Tristan greeted me when I opened the door.

I wonder why he calls me 'babe' when we're not dating each other...

"How'd you find out where I lived?" I asked him and as usual, James was with him but he doesn't really talk that much.

"This fellow right here gave me the directions." He stepped aside, revealing a grinning Louis who was just behind him.

"You two are in good terms now?" When did that happen? Last time I checked, Louis was ordering Tristan around to jump off a rolling bus while wearing a girl's clothing.

"Nah. We had a brawl at first but then we ended up comparing and admiring each other's tattoos." Louis shrugged.

"Okay... where's Niall?"

"Hanging out with Brad and Connor but they'll be here soon." Louis smiled.

I can't believe Louis is inviting a couple of guys to come over at my very own house...

"Mind if we come in? Of course you won't." Louis went in anyway without waiting for my response.

The nerve of this guy!

"Why are you even here, Louis?" I crossed my arms.

"We're obviously having a group study, Cher. You know, doing our homeworks together and all that crap." He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"But you don't even go to our school!"

"So? I can still help you with Math. I'm not that stupid you know?" He pinched my cheek.

Just then, we heard some noise coming from the kitchen like the sound of a frying pan that just fell.

"What was that?" Louis and Tristan asked at the same time.

Oh crap! I almost forgot that Liam's here...

Louis CANNOT see him right now or else he'll start to bombard me with lots of questions!

"Uh, that was just... um, my cat." I made up.

"You have a cat?" James lighted up.

"I mean, my dog, Sharon. She confuses me sometimes... because she strangely knows how to meow." All of the guys nodded anyway.

I then excused myself for a minute so that I could talk to Liam in secret.

"You need to hide upstairs in my bedroom." I told the guy in the kitchen.

"Okay." Good thing he didn't ask anymore.

I led him up in my room while the guys were busy watching some sports on TV in the living room.

"Louis is here and I don't want him to be suspicious." I explained to Liam once we were inside my room.

"Sure. No need to explain yourself." He smiled.

"Great." I smiled back.

"There's something stuck on your hair... here, let me get it for you---" Liam slowly approached me and then he accidentally trips on my obese dog on the floor which is ironic that he didn't actually notice a sleeping Sharon.

He took me down with him and thank God my back landed on my soft and fluffy bed...

"Cher, you've got more visitors---" Louis busted my door open and he immediately stopped dead on his tracks when he saw what was right before him.

Liam was on top of me and both of us were frozen into place as we turned our heads to Louis' direction.

"Uh, do you guys want me to come back in later?" He asked.

"No!"

"Yes!"

Liam and I shouted in unison. I wonder why he said 'yes' which would mean that we're in the middle of something and thus we don't want to be interrupted any further.

"What the..?" Harry and Zayn just had to enter the scene with such a perfect timing that made it all the more uncomfortable and awkward on my part.

"I think I just had a minor heart attack or something..." Louis stated while clutching his chest and Zayn and Harry just nodded in agreement.

*LIAM'S POV*

The real reason why I wanted to live with Cher is simply because I miss her... the whole 'protection from her secret admirer' thing is just an excuse to get her to say yes.

I happened to overhear her conversing with Louis and two other guys while I was in the kitchen... thinking,

'I'm trying to be okay, I'm trying to be alright... but seeing you with him, just don't feel right.'

I guess I can take rejection after all... but seeing her with another guy is a completely different story.

And right now, there's no place I'd rather be than on top of Cher... minus the death glares that my three other bandmates were giving me.