CHAPTER FOURTEEN: NOTHING TO LOSE

*ZAYN'S POV*

"Why won't you come with me to the party?!" I questioned my stubborn 'girlfriend'.

"It's because... I just don't want to." Cher had a poker face on.

We've been bantering around like this since I got inside her house this afternoon.

She's as stubborn as Simon, I tell you.

So hard to persuade... even my charms don't work on her.

"It's JUST a party, Cher." I sat beside her on the bed.

"Exactly. It's JUST a party, Zayn. I don't think it would matter if I go with you or not." She played with her phone while telling me this.

"I... need you... for my publicity stunt, alright." What I'm saying is half the truth.

The other half is just an excuse for her to go out with me.

I don't even care if it's just one-sided.

I've never been patient to any woman before... except for Cher.

Just then, I got a text message from Harry which read,

'EMERGENCY! COME HOME RIGHT NOW!!!ftkusshkkfrfvhddaejk'

UGH. What now?!

"Uh, something came up. I'll be gone for a bit and come back at 6 PM incase you change your mind. Bye, love." She just smiled sarcastically at me which was still cute, probably hinting that she won't change her mind when the night comes.

So I kissed two of my fingers then placed them on her lips real quick.

SCORE! FOR INDIRECT KISS!!! HAHA.

*DREW'S POV*

By 5:30 PM, everyone was busy preparing downstairs... except for me.

I locked myself up in my room with an open window, sighing with my hand placed on the side of my face while gazing at my pretty neighbor who was right across from me.

Boy, was I magnetized...

She was busily playing with her phone, probably waiting for some guy's text while looking bored.

Oh my God, why does she look cute even when bored or doing nothing at all?!

My crush on my neighbor is getting stronger day by day and it's just my second day here...

I wonder what would happen if I reach the hundredth day.

I sure hope that I won't turn into a full-time stalker like my buddy, Harry.

He once told me about this girl that he's been following for years.

Speaking of Harry, he just sent me a message a while ago that he'll probably come later since he had some 'business' to take care of.

Anyway, back to... oh no!

I don't even know her name yet!

What a total loser I am.

MUST ACCOMPLISH FIRST-NAME BASIS A.S.A.P.!

*CHER'S POV*

I've been trying to contact Zayn's phone for the last fifteen minutes to tell him that I actually changed my mind and that I'm going to the party instead because I got bored but...

...I'm guessing that he got caught up while flirting with some chick at someplace so, I'll just stay home for tonight.

I threw my phone on the bed and that's when I noticed... the guy next door... who was staring at me rather dreamily.

*AWKWARD PAUSE FOR A MINUTE AS THEIR EYES MET BEFORE DREW REALIZED THAT HE JUST GOT CAUGHT*

He frantically shut his curtains the next minute which made me chuckle.

Okay, I have to admit that he's cute and probably close to my type.

Wait a second, who needs Zayn's company when I can flirt freely with a cute guy at the party?

I am STILL single afterall, not counting my 'fake' relationship with Zayn Malik.

Time to put my partying clothes on since its GAME ON!

And besides, I've got nothing to lose anyway...