CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN: HANDS DOWN

"I saw your music video." Liam said the next day.

"It's already in youtube?"

"No, Louis sent us all his very own 'special' copy of the footage." He rolled his eyes.

"And? What do you think of it?" I inquired.

"It was ridiculously sweet that it made my stomach churn." He joked.

"But you're a very pretty mermaid so it was bearable to watch." He added quickly.

"Yeah, right. You don't have to suck up to me, Liam."

"I won't be staying here anymore starting tomorrow. My other mates are getting suspicious as to where I'm spending the night these days." He changed the topic.

"Oh. Okay." He has a point.

"But I need to tell you something that I should've told you right away." He sounded dead serious.

"I... I took advantage of you when you got drunk during our stay at that cabin in the woods." He looked down.

"How far did you go?"

"First base."

"Why would you do that?" I asked him another question with a hint of disappointment in my voice.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself. I always feel vulnerable when I'm with you and I realized that it's not healthy for me to be around you anymore... which is why I'm leaving but don't worry because it won't ever happen again, I promise." He told me the truth then left my room to start packing his things in the guestroom while I just stood there frozen in place.

*LIAM'S POV*

It was the right thing to do. Tell the truth, I mean.

I've thought a lot about it and the possible consequences that goes with the truth like her despising me.

"Hey." I heard her voice behind me and when I spun around, I found her standing by the door.

"If I wasn't drunk that night, I think I might've allowed your intentions to happen..." She said.

We just stared at each other for awhile and she gave this particular 'look' that reminds me of something so familiar... it's the way I looked at her that night when she was drunk.

It was a look of lust and I know EXACTLY what happens next...

We rushed towards the center of the room and when we did meet each other halfway, Cher jumped into me, wrapping her legs around my waist in the process.

Then we started kissing like mad as a certain song played inside my head.

'My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me,

So won't you kill me?

So I die happy...

My heart is yours to fill or burst,

To break or bury,

Or wear as jewelry,

Whichever you prefer!'

I've been waiting for this moment to come my entire life!

To be able to hold her in my arms and feel her soft lips against mine.

We made out intensely and as I stepped back, I stumbled unto something circular on the floor which made me fall back so hard that I accidentally bit Cher's lip.

"Ow." She landed on top of me with her now bleeding lower lip.

"I'm so sorry!" I can't believe I messed up such a 'magical' moment!

I searched for the object that made me trip which I thought was a ball or something but then my eyes landed on... Sharon and the dog just stared back at me with a poker face on.

Not again! I'm starting to hate Cher's pet for just randomly lying around wherever she pleases!

I stuck out my tongue to the fat animal and Cher burst out laughing at this...

"Are you seriously picking a fight on Sharon? I don't think you'd win though! She's like a sumo wrestler." Cher laughed all the more which made me bit my lower lip as I thought how cute she was.

"Your dog just spoiled the moment. Did you teach her that? Anyway, I want to show you something tonight..." I smiled.

Her face lit up, suddenly intrigued.

******

I helped her up the rooftop after dinner.

My plan was just to lie down beside her as we would gaze upon the stars.

"I've never been up on my own rooftop before... but this is just... amazing! I can see the whole neighborhood from here." She smiled.

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it?" I said.

"Yeah, it is." She looked up the sky.

"Or is it just you?" Who's the most beautiful in my eyes...

She smiled at this.

"Stop being so cheesy, Payne." She scolded teasingly.

"Here, lay your head down on my arm." I told her and felt happy when she did.

Being this close to her is a once in a lifetime opportunity... heck I didn't even think this was possible.

I took in the scent of her hair as she twirled some strands in her finger and my gaze was intently fixated on the side of her face the whole time for she was looking straight at the sky.

Just then, it started to rain out of nowhere so we had no choice but to hurry inside. Such a bummer.

First, Sharon ruined our make out session and now the rain... I'm just that unlucky.

"Uh-oh. I think we're locked out of the house." Cher twisted the doorknob of the main door over and over again.

"Wait here, I'll climb up your window so that I could open the door from the inside." I took off my shirt to cover her head with it... we were both dripping wet anyway so it doesn't really matter if I get more wet than I already was.

I hurried inside her room, good thing she didn't lock her window. Then I dashed to the front door to open it.

"That was quick." Cher beamed at me when I opened the door.

She didn't go in right away for she just looked at me in a serious way that I couldn't quite understand.

We stood by her doorstep for a bit and then she surprisingly places her arms on my waist then she kissed me like she meant it!

And I knew, that she meant it...

'Hands down, this is the best day I can ever remember,

Always remember...'

*CHER'S POV*

What the hell am I doing?

My heartbeat's racing like mad whenever I look at him...

And when we do kiss, it just feels so right.

I gazed into his chocolate brown eyes which reminds me of my own after kissing him.

I realized that I like the guy but I don't know if I actually do LOVE him. That's just too heavy of a word.

Or maybe I just like him because we're pretty much alike..?