CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT: ONE THING

'I've tried playing it cool,

But when I'm looking at you,

I can't ever be brave,

Cuz you make my heart race.'

*LIAM'S POV*

"Hey, have you seen Harry around?" I asked Louis.

"Nope. I've been dancing all night... dancing with some random girls that I imagine as Cher." The guy grabbed my drink.

I scrutinized the guy with my eyes, trying to figure him out but failed.

"Yeah, I think I'm just going to head back. I'm not really having any fun in here." I got up from my stool.

"Me too." Louis blurted out.

*CHER'S POV*

"Stop smiling!" I demanded.

"Why?" Harry looked confused.

'Because you're making it more difficult for me with your cute dimples, that's why!' I thought.

Being blonde is bad enough as it is. I'm a sucker for yellow-haired guys and dimples which he happens to have both at the moment.

"That's it! I'm dying your hair back to its original color..." I stated.

"So soon? But I look great, don't you think so too?"

Yes, that's the problem...

"I like you better with your brown curls on." I lied.

"Awww... that's so sweet! Okay!" He agreed right away.

So I dyed his hair brown then rinsed it in the shower after thirty minutes.

"Cher we're home!" I heard Louis' voice from downstairs.

Uh-oh.

"Here, finish the rinsing by yourself." I handed him the shower head.

"No! You finish it... I like the way you handle my hair with your hands." He tossed the shower head back to me.

"But they're coming!"

"So? It's not like we're doing anything wrong. You're just washing my hair right?" He said.

"Yeah, I guess---"

"Whoa! You just sprayed my shirt with water." Harry jerked back.

"You'll live." I snickered.

"I know but it's totally your fault that I have to do this now..." He took his black shirt off.

"Uh..." I backed away a bit and that's when I slipped.

"You're such a cute clutz." But Harry caught me in time.

"Stupid bathtub. Too slippery." I grumbled to myself which made him smile.

No! Not the dimples! Now my heartbeat's accelerating like mad!

"Cher! Where are you?" Louis called.

"Stay here." I commanded.

I immediately went out of the bathroom just to get rid of all the tension in there.

"You guys are home early." I found Liam and Louis sitting on my bed.

"Yeah. Want to watch 'Identity Thief'?" Liam suggested.

"Totally!" Harry stepped out of the bathroom, wiping his hair dry with a towel.

Liam and Louis stared at the half naked lad then to me.

"Cher was washing me." Harry answered casually on my behalf.

"He meant that I was washing his hair." I added.

"Okay. Can we watch the movie now, please?" Louis demanded.

*LIAM'S POV*

Cher and I decided to make some popcorn in the kitchen.

"So... you and Harry, huh." I tried to make small talk.

"What are you talking about? There's nothing going on between us." She said.

"Oh. My bad." I tried my best not to sound too happy.

"You should have figured out by now who I really want..." She said in a seductive tone.

I'm not so sure if she meant me but I stepped forward towards her anyway and puckered my lips, waiting for something to happen.

"Liam, what are you doing? The popcorn's ready." She eyed my face up close.

"Are you making a duck face?" She asked.

"Uh..." I don't know what I'm doing either but this is just so damn embarrassing that I can't even move.

Have I been daydreaming again?!

It's like I don't know what's real and what's not anymore...

'So get out, get out, get out of my head,

And fall into my arms instead...'

"I'm sure Liam's sorry for the strange behavior, right pal?" Louis appeared behind Cher who just shrugged and headed up the stairs.

Did he just save me?

"You were trying to kiss her, weren't you?" Louis whispered.

"Don't worry, I've got your back. I want to let you know that if Cher doesn't end up with me, I'll be rooting for you." He added.

"What?"

"I know that you'd be good for her too so how about we team up together and help each other out?" Louis offered.

"I don't get it..."

"All I know is that I'd be jealous if she were to end up with Harry, Niall or Zayn." He said seriously.

"And you're not jealous of me? Should I be offended or..."

"No, it's a good thing. You see, I trust you when it comes to Cher. I can see that you really like her but not as much as I do of course. So if she's not going to pick me in the end, I'm hoping that she'll pick you. Get what I mean?" He explained.

"Um, no, I still don't..." What is he really trying to say here?

"Let's be partners in making Cher fall in love with either one of us." He simplified things for me.

Oh.