CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: ROOMMATES

When we reached the Supermarket, I was surprised to see Niall, Louis, Liam, and Harry already there, waiting for us.

"Don't you dare think that we're stalking you because we're not. In my defense, I tagged along because we're out of food supplies." Liam reasoned out even though I still haven't uttered a single word yet.

Maybe the best option is to ignore him instead of arguing which could go on forever.

Each of the guys started grabbing their own pushcart and then they were all dashing around with it as if they were playing go kart except the mature Liam of course.

"You're in the way, love." Without a warning, Harry lifted me up by the waist then placed me inside his cart like a child.

"Hey!" I protested a bit too late.

"You better hang on tight..." He warned with a smirk.

Okay, I had to admit that the joyride was pretty fun and thrilling especially when I almost collided with Louis' cart. It was intense... even though I felt like a two-year-old who just couldn't stop smiling.

Why does it seem like they can always get away with anything?!

*BACK AT THE APARTMENT*

I immediately headed inside my room since I already ate my dinner back at the mall.

I decided to sleep early because I have an appointment with Marshall at the studio tomorrow morning.

Right after changing into my pajamas, someone knocked on my door.

"What do you want?" When I opened it, there stood Niall who was wearing his 'panda bear' pajamas and a toothy grin.

His cheeks were practically screaming out to me for some excessive pinching...

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" No... was what I was going to say but then the word never came out.

Uh, like I said, I'm a sucker for adorable puppies so my body acted on its own and held the door wide open for him to enter.

"Wait, what's your valid reason?" I asked him a follow-up question to make sure that he wasn't just playing me.

"Um... because... I have really bad nightmares?" He wasn't so sure of himself either.

"I have a valid reason! It's because I'm afraid of the dark... so please let me sleep in your room!" Louis appeared out of nowhere in his 'koala' pajamas.

How can he be afraid of the dark when he even managed to kiss me before?

He's also a cutie alright but what is up with them in cute animal outfits?!

It's making my brain give in to them... must have self-control!

I rushed outside of my room and found myself knocking on Liam's door instead.

"What?" He gave me an annoyed look.

"Please let me sleep here for the night! Niall and Louis are tantalizing me with their bizarre cute costumes... and besides, it's not like we haven't 'slept' together before." I tried to make my point.

He let out a huge sigh before stepping aside to let me in.

"Sometimes, it pays to be the ONLY mature one in this group." He said as he closed the door behind him.

I took the left spot of the bed then started getting comfortable.

"Have you read the headlines yet?" He asked me as he tried to settle on his spot.

"Nope."

"It goes something like, ZAYN MALIK SPOTTED IN THE UNDIES SECTION BEING INTIMATE WITH A HANDSOME FRIEND. Are you really trying to sabotage our images one by one?" He stated with a serious expression.

"No." I tried my best not to laugh at the title of the headlines by covering my face with the blanket and felt proud about the 'handsome' bit.

I guess those two old men had good eyes afterall despite the fact that I fooled them with my 'boy' facade.

"And why not go to Harry or Zayn's room instead?" He pried.

"Oh, you know how they can be very touchy and flirty at the same time. You're the only one who doesn't seem to be interested in girls anyway..." I whispered the last part more to myself.

"Okay, good night then." He said before turning off the lamp.

"Night." The two of us had our backs facing each other's.

This is proof that Liam Payne is probably bipolar... never expected him to actually let me in his room.

*LIAM'S POV*

I glanced at the alarm clock on my bedside table which read 2:00 AM.

Damn it, I can't sleep.

Should I take a peek if she's already sleeping? Definitely.

I slowly spun my body around to the left side and that's when I saw Cher's angelic sleeping face.

Yeah, it's better if she doesn't say something alright.

I was supposed to deny her access to my room a few hours ago but then it would be dangerous for her to sleep out in the open like on the couch of the livingroom for example where Harry and Zayn can freely creep up on her while she's fast asleep.

Anyway, I feel like this is deja vu...

It reminds me of the night that we slept together in a hotel room.

I actually woke up at around 3 AM at that time and was surprised to see her face so close to mine that I could barely breathe.

Somehow, I can't seem to hate her no matter how hard I try...

I guess there's just something about her that attracts someone like me.

Before I knew it, my lips landed on her forehead as I planted a soft kiss on her.