CHAPTER ONE

ADDIE

The thumping music and demanding customers is not aiding to my mood much tonight and I still have 3 hours left before I am able to curl up in my bed in silence. Usually, the club is my escape but tonight it was just adding to my already shitty mood. Dave, my creep of a manager had not stopped groping my arse since I walked in and every single time I have checked my phone I have another missed call from my brother. You would think I was 13 and out at some party rather than being 23 and actually at work.

Sighing I push back a stray curl that has managed to fall from my messy bun before turning to my next customer. "What can I get for you?" Plastering the fakest smile I could muster to the man in front of me who was looking at me like I am a piece of meat.

"Double vodka and coke, with you on the side baby." The sleaze smirks.

 Now usually I would entertain the comment because more than likely it would get me a big fat tip however, I am pissed off and if I don't get a break soon someone is going to be on the receiving end of my wrath. Gritting my teeth and without another word I make the drink and take the cash off the douche who is not very pleased that I haven't been more forthcoming to his advances. With a huff and a glare, he storms off. 

Good.

 Sighing I shout over to one of the other bartenders that I'm going for my break.

Once I have made my way through the crowd, I make my way out of the entrance doors. Normally staff use the back-alley door however that alley scares me shitless and the bouncers who are on tonight don't annoy me as much as the rest. Finally, outside I'm able to light up my cigarette hoping the increase of nicotine can ease this foul mood I'm in.

"Thought you'd quit!?" Zac the bouncer and one of my friends called over. Smirking I shrug my shoulders taking in another drag. " I did but If I want to finish my shift without a murder charge I'm gonna need it!" All I get is a laugh as a response. Before I can inhale anymore of the cigarette I am shoved against the wall of the club by force. 

I had been walked into by a large wall of muscle.

Regaining my composure, I shout " Hey asshole!" And I wait until the man turns back around looking shocked that someone had just called him that.

 Without saying another word, I stick my middle finger up at him smirking before turning on my heal to use the service entrance not sparing another glance at the ignorant man.

Although my mood has not lightened up, I no longer feel the sudden urge to murder someone. Now I think about it why did I stop smoking? Oh, that's right brother dearest threw a hissy fit when he found out and life at the moment is far too stressful to get on his bad side which by the looks of my phone, I've already successfully managed to do that. 

Speak of the devil...

"Yes Daniel?" I finally answer the phone.

"Why the fuck have you not been answering your phone!?"

"I'm working Dan! You know that so what's up? The 20 missed calls seem a bit excessive." Pulling out my mass of curls from my bun I run my fingers through it, stressed and already regretting answering the phone to him.

"You have not answered your phone in 3 days! 3 fucking DAYS! and no I did not know you were back working at that place. You know where I had to find out hmm? Chase! I had to have one of my employees try stake you out!" He spat through the phone. 

That snitch of a boy! Wait until I get my hands on that little shit. I am so glad this conversation is not in person.

"Look I have been busy alright? Schools mental and this place well I shouldn't have kept it from you but I am 23 years old and you are not my minder. I have to get back before someone comes to look for me. I'll come by the office tomorrow with lunch to try and make it up to you." I bargain, knowing fine well an argument over the phone with Dainel Webster would not end well and neither will avoiding him.