Chapter Six

ROCCO

The droning voice of Detective Harry Bennett filling my ears is beginning to test my patience. There wasn't much there to begin with, considering I'm sat in an interview room at 3am staring at the ugly fat bastard.

"Tell me who it was Rodriguez!" The question has been thrown at me for over an hour.

"For the last time Harry, I don't have any information to give you." I scoff, growing tired of this incessant questioning.

"You're fucking lying!" Harry's temper finally snapping as he punches me across the face.

Laughing I spit out the blood coming from my lip as Harry is escorted out of the room by two police officers. When will the man ever learn? Do not try and cross the Rodriguez family. He would have never dared bring in my father, but it was his mistake to think I am any different.

Fool.

"I am so sorry Mr. Rodriguez for Bennett's actions. We have no idea why he brought you in here. You are free to go." The chief inspector of the precedent informs me looking just as angry as I feel. Nodding and without another word I collect my belongings and head to my house.

The drive to the house takes me around 30 minutes from the police station in Manhattan. The period property is the home I grew up in as a child. It was handed down to my mother from her family when they passed away when she was just 20. It's something we seemed to have in common with this property. It too being handed down to me when I was of similar age at the passing of my parents.

It's a place that holds many memories for me, mostly fond memories however, I do not like to visit often. The only reason I'm making the short journey out of the city is because Bruno, my 2nd in command and brother is recovering there.

It's safe, unknown and heavily guarded.

Bruno and I have been best mates since we were infants. Our fathers were friends as kids roaming the streets of Spain before they both emigrated to the States to find a better life.

Even though our fathers would have liked us to become equal partners within the business. Bruno has no patience or interest in the legal side of things. He loves the darker side to what we deal in and can't stand to be couped up in a stuffy corporate office. The man is a genius when it comes to computes though, which is very beneficial.

I on the other hand love the power and control both aspects of the game provide. Being the face of one of the most powerful companies in New York while excelling in the underworld provides me with a sense of power and place.

Some may call me a power-hungry asshole, but I just call myself driven. Others view me as some spoiled rich boy who just gets what he wants whenever he wants it. Yes, I come from money and power but where I am today is down to hard work and perseverance. I've had a lot of obstacles to overcome, one was to prove to my father that I could do it.

Hugo Rodriguez died before I was able to fully prove to him that I was ready. I like to think he would be proud of the man I've become and how I've shaped the business that he started all those years ago.

Coming up the driveway I'm let in from security and I drive up to the front of the house. Turning off the car I walk up to the double doors before entering. The entrance hall is very extravagant, but my mother did always have expensive taste.

Knowing the ground floor is vacant I make my way up to the 2nd floor I walk towards Brunos room, nodding at my men as I pass.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes!" I exclaim taking in the appearance of Bruno laying on the bed. Damn he looks worse than what I thought. Getting shot in 3 places will do that to you though.

Twisted Truthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें