Chapter Twenty Five

ADDIE

"C'MON GINGE MOVE YOUR ASS!" Bruno hollers from 50 yards infront of me. I know I said we have been running together for some time now, but the fucker can move.

Huffing I urge my legs to move faster, completely ignoring the burn that I'm feeling in my calves. I may not be as good as him- I'll never admit that - but I'm stubborn enough to give it a good go. Even if my lungs and legs are in fire.

We run for a few more miles. I've managed to keep up most of the way. The barrage of insults being hurled at me only fuelled me to keep going. I have a funny feeling that was Bruno's plan all along. Arsehole.

"You're really slow today ginge. Could hardly keep up." The cocky bastard hasn't even broken a sweat.

I raise my middle finger in response before bending over with my hands on my knees. My chest is heaving trying to get as much oxygen into my lungs as possible. How can that man get shot and still run like that. I swear he isn't human at times. I look up to find us at the gym where I train with Rocco. Aw man I forgot I said I'd train today.

Its that time of the month for me and I swear that run nearly killed me, this lesson is gonna end me. I can feel my temper rising, all I want to do is have a long hot bath and eat my body weight in chocolate. But here I am gonna get my arse kicked just for the fun of it.

"Can we just skip this part I am really not in the mood." I huff, wiping the sweat from my forehead. All I get is an amused snort from Bruno. I swear I just wanna kick him in the balls.

"No spitfire we can't, now in you go." Rocco says from behind me, cutting off Bruno from replying.

I go to protest but the look on his face keeps me silent. Rocco isn't a happy bunny and I really can't be arsed fighting with him today. My uterus feels like it's gonna explode and I could cry at how tired and sore I feel. Man this is going to be a long day. Huffing I make my way inside without a word, learning to pick my battles.

We have been sparing now for over 30 mintues and everytime I get close enough to touch him, Rocco throws me to the ground. I'm tired, sore and really fucking pissed off. I pick myself back up, grunting as I do so. I bring my hands up in a defensive position, acting as if I'm gonna go left. Rocco takes the bait just as he goes to retaliate, I switch to the right landing a hard punch to his cheek. Taking advantage of his stunned reaction I bring my knee up to his stomach harshly before pushing him away.

"That! Is for throwing me around like a rag doll for the last half hour." I spit, ripping the boxing gloves from my hands. Silently demanding that this session is over. I smell and my patience is now nonexistent.

"Damn spitfire maybe I need to get you pissed like that more often. You beating the crap out of me does bad things to me." Rocco says gripping the cheek I landed the punch too. The red mark makes me smile.

"You're a dick." I deadpan but start to laugh as Rocco does.

"C'mon let's go home. We both stink and I'm afraid you'll hand me my ass today if we continue." Rocco jokes as he leads us to the exit. Both of us out of our bad moods. Nothing like a swift knee to the groin to lift a man's spirits.

~~~~~

Its been a few hours since Rocco and I's training session and I'm in a much better mood. Snuggled up in the most ugliest pajamas known to man with a large bar of chocolate and a cheesy romcom on the TV. In other words my idea of heaven. Rocco is in his office doing whatever he does to run a business. I'm pretty certain that he just hides in there to play video games.

But what do I know.

I'm halfway through the film and crying my eyes out at the pathetic scene playing out on the telly as Rocco emerges into the room. His eyes widen in alarm at the state of me. Could be the tears or the pjs at this point. Did I mention they really are hideous.