Chapter Twenty Four

ROCCO

Relationship?

Is that what this is? I've always hated the term 'boyfriend' it sounds so juvenile. I've only really had one real relationship where I could've seen myself settling down with that one person for the rest of my life. She was it. That was until I found out what a conniving little bitch she really was. A thief and a cheat. After that shitshow I decided women were for fucking and feelings were out of the question. Amelia ruined the picture I had in my head of what a relationship should be.

Then Adaline came along. She was unexpected and different from anyone I've ever met. She made me want more. The fire that the women possess keeps me on my toes and she definitely isn't afraid to put me in my place. The physical attraction has been present from the start. I mean she is fucking gorgeous but I feel like I connect with her on a different level. Fucking pussy. I want her to be happy and I hate when I leave her feeling sad. Don't get me started on the thought of her being in danger. I would rip the world apart if it meant she was safe. I'm making it my soul purpose to ensure she is safe and happy.

Aw fuck!

"Are you really that stupid?" Bruno asks and I realise I'm standing staring at the spot where Addie just left.

"I'm only going to say this once but yes I think I am." I admit before taking a deep breath and following after Addie.

I walk into our bedroom to find Addie pacing with a frown firmly placed on her features. She hasn't noticed I've came in, too engrossed in her own thoughts. I wonder what she is thinking. Probably annoyed with herself for bringing the subject up in the first place.

I've come to notice that Addie doesn't like talking about things like this either. She is able to put on a very convincing act when it comes to being happy. But I've noticed it never reaches her eyes, she keeps everyone at arms length. I want to be the person to help her and show her support but I also want her to be able to do the same for me.

I've always hated the term boyfriend and girlfriend but a partnership where we both support the other, sounds perfect. There isn't any rules to this, we just have to make it work. The circumstances as to how this has happened aren't the best but life is shit. Addie and I both know that. With such darkness in our lives, maybe we can bring eachother some solace. Be eachothers safe places.

"I'm worried you'll put a hole in the carpet if you pace anymore." I muse, getting Addie's attention. She looks worried as if I'm about to throw this all away.

"Oh...erm yeah I guess." She mumbles taking a seat on the bed fidgeting with her fingers.

"So a relationship ey?"

"Oh about that, I didn't mean it like that it's just you know-" Addie starts to fumble over her words in panic.

"I will never be your boyfriend Addie." I cut her off which has her frowning. Shit! Maybe shouldn't have put it like that. Before she can respond I rush out.

"But we are in this together spitfire. I'm not going anywhere. We are a team and I will not keep anything else from you. Keeping that a secret was a mistake and I'm sorry." I finish before she walks out on me again.

"You really mean that?" Addie question, trying to fight the smile from erupting.

"Yes baby I do mean it. I demand honesty and openness from you. Its only fair I do the same. I'm also not a man that shows feelings very well but I do care for you and I want you with me. I want this to work."

Addie's smile bursts onto her face before she jumps on top of me. Grasping my face in her hands before pressing her lips to mine. The kiss is passionate but Addie pulls away before it can go any further. Although a short kiss we are both left panting. She leans her head against mine as we catch our breath.

"I was so worried I'd fucked this up." She admits quietly which has me sighing before pressing a light kiss on her nose. Which has her face scrunching up in the most adorable way.

Without another word I bring her in for a cuddle. Loving the feel of having her in my arms. This women is making me turn soft. We sit in silence both lost in our own thoughts. It's a comfortable silence though.

My father always warned me that someone special would always be a weakness. My mother was the love of his life before she was killed. She was a causality in a bad deal and my father never forgave himself. Even on his deathbed, it was his biggest regret. Cancer took my father but he was adamant that it was karma reaping its rewards.

Do I believe that? No, not necessarily. I think that my mother getting killed was the result of a bad man making a choice to kill someone innocent. But saying that, the decisions my father made definitely played a part. He was a mob boss there was always a chance she got hurt.

Even as a child I never really blamed my father. Being brought up knowing the ins and outs of the underbelly of the city it was always clear. There is always a chance, didn't make the death of my mother any easier but it didn't make me hate my father. The lengths he went too to avenge her death almost tore New York apart.

It was war.

My feelings for Addie are making it really obvious that she will become a target and very quickly. She has been able to do that without having me in the picture so just imagine now I am. Her last name lands her with a massive target also. The only saving grace Addie has is that she is had to trace to Daniel. He was smart to keep her out the way.

I pray to any God that is listening, I know I am not a good man in any way but Adaline is pure. I just hope that this stalker won't become a significant danger. I hate that we have not been able to get infront of this guy. I pride myself in being organised and ahead of any possible threats. Bruno is excellent at what he does but even he is coming up blank. I have always been able to overcome any threat that comes my way but I fear that this one is gonna blow up in our faces before we even realise it.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Addie asks lifting her head from my chest.

"I just hope I can keep you safe." I confess. I promised I would be more honest and this is me trying. As much as I'd like to bottle my fears up and hide them away, I don't. She needs to know that I care. Showing all my emotions towards her shows I care, right?

"Rocco you can only do your best. We will figure out this mess together. I am surrounded by amazing people who will get to the bottom of this. I have every ounce of trust in you." The determination in her voice has me smiling.

I really hope I can keep my promise. It will brake me if I can't. Adaline Webster has entwined herself so deep inside me I'm afraid that I'll lose the one good part of me. I know she views herself as damaged goods but to me she is perfect.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hello Darlings!

Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you are all having the best start to the weekend.

Getting to see a more softer side to Rocco, any thoughts?

If you could vote and comment that would be fab!xo