Chapter Thirty Six

ROCCO

It's been two weeks since Adaline was admitted into the hospital. It's been a complete and total blur, never left her side once. Couldn't find it in me to leave, even after she woke up. The need to watch her every minute of the day has taken over. Every other aspect of my life is suffering but I couldn't give a fuck, about any of it. The only thing I care about is making sure nothing like that happens to Addie ever again.

The thought of someone hurting her has my blood boiling and the urge to kill someone takes over. Knowing John Webster is still out there has me needing to pull him apart, piece by piece and I'll enjoy every second of it. I have thought of every possible way of doing it and I think my plan is perfected. I just need to find the fucker but that is in motion as well. He doesn't know who he has fucked with, and I'll take great delight in showing him.

No one hurts what's mine.

The day has finally come, Addie is being discharged from the hospital. Physically, she is looking at lot better her bruises fading, and she is able to move better. Physically she is healing but I doubt she will ever be fully okay mentally. The terrified, blood curdling screams that she produces during the night are the only glimpses into the horrors that she has endured.

"Are you even listening to me Rodriguez? I need to know when my sister is going to arrive home." Daniel commands sounding stressed.

"I've told you this before, she isn't going home to you. She made up her mind and will be staying in the Manor with me. Addie needs time to process everything, and you'll only fuck up your relationship with her more if you try and force her." I speak lowly into the mouthpiece.

Addie is on the other side of the door packing and I don't need her to worry. This is already a lot for her to handle. She doesn't need to have to take her brothers feelings into consideration as well.

"I'm her brother! I should be the one-"

"Addie doesn't want you to take care of her. When she is ready, she will speak to you but until then, stay the fuck away." I demand, cutting him off. I don't wait for him to reply before ending the call.

Daniel's feelings are not my concern. He needs to fucking grow a pair and think about someone other than himself. Walking back into the room I mask all feelings of stress and anger with a small smile which I know doesn't reach my eyes.

"Everything okay?" Addies small timid voice fills my ears.

"Everything is perfect, are you all set?" My question has her nodding.

With a curt nod and a small smile, I grab her things and let her lead the way. What I don't expect is when she grasps my hand as we walk out, lacing our fingers together. It's the first proper physical touch we have had, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't cause my heart to jump. It's a big step, Addie was never one for physical touch before but now with everything that has happened I was worried she would never let me touch her again.

Baby steps is what this is, but I'll take it. I'll take anything I can get with her. We bid the nurses goodbye and head out to our car. Bruno insisted that he would be our chauffeur. His point, I'd hadn't slept for weeks, and we didn't need to get into another accident before we even left the hospital vicinity.

The man does have a point.

"Good to have you coming home ginge!" Bruno smiles brightly as Addie, and I get into the car. The smile that Addie sends him shows her appreciation that he isn't treating her any different.

When we had the conversation of where she would feel more comfortable, her main concern was my men- who had become a second family to Addie- would treat her differently. That they would view her in a negative way. I had promised her that would never be the case and I'm so glad Bruno has been able to put her at ease.