Chapter Thirty Nine

ADDIE

After what feels like hours, I finally find the room that Rocco has called home for the night. The number of bedrooms this house has in astounding, and I feel like I'm going to need to bleach my eyes at some of the sights behind some of the doors. These boys sure do have very weird and active lives, that's the way I'm putting it and that's what I'm sticking with.

I sigh a breath of relief when one of the last doors I open, my eyes land on a sleeping Rocco. As I walk further into the room, I find that he still has a deep frown embedded onto his face even in his sleep. The dark circles under his eyes are almost black. Guilt fills my chest, I'm the reason that he isn't getting much sleep. I'm the reason his whole world has been turned upside down. If he had never met me things would've been a lot easier for him. Rocco is willing to start a war for me and I really don't think I'm worth it.

"I can feel you thinking from here." He mumbles, sleep laced in his voice.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up." I climb into the bed, snuggling into his opened arms. God, I have missed this feeling.

Having Jess here was great, and she is an amazing friend but the only person I wanted last night, no needed was Rocco. So, to be in his arms brings on my tears. They flow out of control soaking Rocco's bare chest. I try to contain them, but the sobs just keep coming.

"Shh baby it's alright, let it all out Addie I'm here. You're safe baby it's okay." Rocco hushes in my ear, running a soothing hand up and down my back. His arms tightening around me keeps me from disappearing into my brain. The urge to plunge into the darkness of my memories has me digging my fingers into Rocco's back.

"Please don't let me go back there! Please I can't!" I beg, panic raging through my body. Unwanted memories violently rip through my brain. The unwanted hands, the beatings and his face. The face of the man that I thought was dead, a death that meant this whole nightmare was finally over.

Screaming rips me from my thoughts and I realize I'm the one who is screaming.

"Baby listen to me you aren't there anymore. Listen to my voice, let it bring you back. Adaline you aren't there anymore. Open those beautiful eyes and look at me." Hands cup my face and I do what I'm told, opening my eyes to find that I'm still in bed with Rocco and not back in that cage.

"Rocco?"

"Yeah, baby I'm here, you aren't back there, and I am going to do everything in my power to keep you with me. That man will never lay another hand on you ever again." The promise has so much conviction to it I believe him whole heartily.

Whatever happens, I know for a fact that I will always have Rocco by my side. He did whatever it took to get to me and has never once left my side since I came back. All those days in the hospital, ignoring all his responsibilities just to make sure that I had someone there to keep me grounded. This man is my ride or die and I am so fucking lucky. My body fills with an overwhelming feeling of warmth and love?

Yes, it is defiantly love. Over the last couple of months, the feeling has been building. He is the first person I want to see when I wake up and the last person I need at night. The man might drive me up the wall and comes with a brood of idiots, but they have become like family. Before I can sike myself out I blurt out the three words that could make or break us.

"I love you." Its barely a whisper but Rocco's sharp intake of breath tells me that he heard me.

Silence surrounds us and it's probably only a couple of seconds, but it feels like a lifetime. Rocco tightens his grip around me, pulling me closer. "I love you too spitfire."

Thank fuck for that!

Smiling I grab a hold of his face and press my lips onto his in a bruising kiss. Loving the feeling of being in his arms, safe and loved. It's a love that I have never felt for anyone before, I feel complete safe with this man, and I know he would go to the ends of the earth for me, and I would do the same for him in a heartbeat. We were meant for each other. I trust this man with everything that I have.