Chapter Thirty Three

ROCCO

"Baby I love-"

Before I can finish my confession there is a loud clatter before the call is cut off. I am met with silence. It feels like my world is spinning, anger floods my body. The thought of her being so terrified of dying at the hands of evil makes my blood boil.

I will end that fucker!

I can't believe that we were so close to getting a read on her location. So, fucking close and now it's all gone. The anger coursing through my veins has me launching my phone with a roar.

All I see is red.

"Rocco!" Bruno calls from behind me.

I pay him no attention as I focus my attack on my desk, pushing all the items off it with force. Everything falling with a crash. It's not long before I've launched my chair across the wall. Not caring what anyone thinks may be happening in the room.

Fuck them all!

"Rocco, listen to me! I may not have an exact hit on her, but we are closer to her than we have been!" Bruno rushes out as I stalk towards his makeshift desk. All his tracking equipment in my eye of sight.

The urge to break everything in sight is almost too much to handle.

Closing my eyes, I try to regulate my breathing, try to calm myself down. I am no use to anyone in this state. If I am going to keep my word to Addie, I need to have a level head. In my haste I could get a number of people killed, including the ones closest to me.

After being told about Webster's little enterprise and that Amelia is involved somehow, I started to dig. I was able to use some of my contacts to track and trace Amelia's every movement, that I get regularly updates for. She is the key to unravel the truth on what's going on.

Bennett has been surprisingly useful in the last couple of days. He was eager to learn about Wilson's activities within the sex trafficking business within the city. I have a feeling it's to do with the whispers going around about Wilson's part in trying to slim down the force. Old man Bennett could be up for the cut. It's always handy when you are able to exploit someone if you dangle the possibility of them gaining something out of it.

I couldn't give a shit about Bennett, for all I care he can rot. When all of this is over, he may or may not disappear but for now, he is my eyes and ears legally. Whether he knows it or not.

"Rocco, I may have her or at least a good idea of where she could be getting kept." Bruno's anouncment has my head spinning to face him. Eyes wide with anticipation.

"You have her location?"

"Not exactly but the signal came from an industrial park. I did some digging and one of the blocks is funded by an offshore account. Wanna take a guess at who that account belongs too?" Bruno smirks.

The man is a fucking genius and usually I play along with his ego boost. Right now, I really want to fucking strangle him for not getting to the point. All this fucking about is wasting precious time that we really do not have.

"Wanna just get to the fucking point Bruno. Addie doesn't have long." I grit out, fists clenched by my side.

"Gerry Wilson."

My heart fucking stops, dead.

That son of a bitch!

"We are twenty minutes away from the location." Bruno informs me and that's enough for me. It has to be where they are keeping her.

"Get everyone you can and tell them to meet us there ASAP." I command as we gather our coats and guns.

"Everyone?" Bruno questions. I know who he is implying. Asking if we are doing this with or without the help from Webester.