Chapter Twelve

ROCCO

I am seething at the scene in front of me. The kind of rage where I could pull out my gun and shoot everyone on sight. The image of my spitfire dancing and grinding up on random people boils my blood. What infuriates me the most is Bruno has to be the one who brought her down here. He always plans a party on the 29th here at the house and then we spend new year in the city.

Christmas is usually a fun time here, the boys get to let loose, no real work to be done its just booze and food. This year is different though, well for me it is anyway. This year my mind is constantly trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. Both Daniel and I have been working around the clock to try make sense of it. The cops haven't been as easy to pay off and the raids to both of our drug containers has my back up. Not that it's unusual but for them both to get raided at the same time, it's suspicious.

I know for a fact why Adaline is pissed off at me and I could take a guess at to why Bruno has taken her under his wing. The notion making my anger rise further. He needs to keep his hands off what is mine. I know I've been distant, cruel even. My tempter snapping far too quickly and the only attention I seem to pay her is when I want to sleep with her. I can't help it though, the overwhelming need to protect her and want to spend all my time with her scares me. If I don't have complete focus on the task at hand, mistakes can happen and it could have deadly consequences.

My cold behavior towards Addie paired with the visit from Amelia is probably why she is so hostile towards me today. I had every intention to drain Amelia dry of information before fucking her to get Addie out of my mind. I bottled it though, the thought of touching another women-especially that women- makes me feel sick.

Adaline Webster has ruined me.

So here i am, in a smoke filled drinking den trying to think of as many reasons possible as to why shooting my best friend isn't a good idea. I'm coming up empty at this point.

"Why was she down here Bruno?" My voice fills the eerily quiet room.

"Because she was fucking miserable and you were acting like a prick! She was actually having a really good time till you showed up!" Bruno is the only person I will tolerate speaking to me like that but tonight he is pushing his luck.

"You thought bringing a recovering addict down to a fucking drug den was a smart idea!? Who happens to be my girl?" I question my voice raising along with my tempter. What Bruno does next has me swinging for him. He laughs! Right in my fucking face.

"Your girl? Now I might not be amazing at stuff like that considering I like to fuck women not get feelings for them but I do know, if you like someone you really shouldn't fuck someone else."

Scoffing I turn to leave. Knowing Bruno is too high and I'm too angry to have this conversation. I also know that to some degree he is right. I shouldn't have invited Amelia over to the house Addie is living in. I also should be treating her better, the women has been through enough lately and I'm just being a dick.

I head up to my room to tell Amelia to leave but I'm glad to find my room empty. I make sure she has actually left by phoning up the security gate and confirming that she went of her merry fucking way. Relieved that one problem has been taken care of I walk to Addie's room to find it empty. There was no way she was gonna do what I told her to told.

She is safe in these walls and I doubt I'll be a face she wants to see right now. I'll leave her be for now, too tired and frustrated to try pick a fight at this time. Rubbing the palms of my hands into my eyes I head back to my room. Hoping some sleep will relieve this headache im getting.

Happy fucking holidays.

~~~~~~~~

ADDIE

Everything fucking hurts. Without even opening my eyes I know I've passed out on a chair. God I feel awful. Mixing multiple different drinks with the addition of coke was a real bad mistake. Typical Adaline always making real dumb decisions.