Chapter Thirty Eight

ROCCO

"You're a dead man!" I snarl, stalking towards O'Connor gripping him by the neck, forcing him against the wall.

I never did have a good sense of self control but these days my rage knows no bounds. I would happily rip this man limb from limb for just looking at me the wrong way.

I was just getting into a good place with Addie, and she was finally smiling again. All that work gone down the fucking drain because this dickhead couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"We both know that isn't true." Paddy's smirk is my last straw. Without thinking my hand forms into a fist, slamming it into his face. I'm satisfied when I hear the distinctive crack of his nose. The beast inside purring at the sight of blood.

"The only reason I haven't killed you by now is because you are Adaline's brother. Nothing more, but I swear to God I will not hesitate to fuck you up if you pull any more of that shit. Run it by me before you spout your mouth again." My warning clear and I'm almost disappointed when he doesn't answer me back.

O'Connor sits at the breakfast bar holding his bloodied nose, glaring at me. Looking around I find most people are. It's no secret that everyone thought I should've told Addie earlier, but I didn't want to burst the bubble too quick. I needed her to start to do well, if I had told her she would've done the exact same thing she has just done. Latched on to the first thing she knew would be a quick fix, but it will only hurt her in the process.

"Rocco you are the one in the wrong here."

My head snaps to the source of the voice. My eyes narrow when they land on Bruno. His arms crossed tight against his chest and his expression unreadable. I'm still pissed at him for giving Addie the bottle in the first place, now he has the nerve to talk back. Bruno may be my family, but I am still the one in charge, we play by my fucking rules.

"Everyone leave the room. Gina clean him up, he is getting blood everywhere." I command keeping my eyes solely trained on Bruno, who knows to stay put.

Bruno and I are brothers by choice rather than blood and his opinions do matter to me. We have been through more shit than I'd like to admit, and I always know he will pull me up on my shit if it's needed. Usually, I welcome it but right now, I'm far too fucking angry to listen to anyone.

"Stay in your lane Bruno."

"No Rocco I won't. I'm the only fucker you'll listen too so right now, your gonna shut the fuck up and listen to what I have to say."

We commence into a stare off, neither one of us backing down. Going against every fiber of my being I listen. I raise my brow, telling him he can continue.

"I understand why you wanted to hold off on telling Addie. You knew how she'd react and if it was under better circumstances, she maybe wouldn't have flown off the handle like that." Bruno begins, his expression softens slightly.

I remain silent, knowing he isn't finished.

"With that being said, what the fuck were you thinking!? Addie has been lied to and controlled her entire life. You ripped Daniel a new one for doing the exact same thing. Addie expects you to be a team with her, she doesn't need you to shield her from all the terrors in life. She knows they are there, that's been her life for 23 years. All she wants is the truth."

He's right, I've been so blinded with trying to keep her on the straight and narrow that I couldn't see she would've handled it. I doubt it's even the news itself, it's that I wasn't the one to tell her. I kept it from her and in her eyes I've lied. Everyone she cares about has lied to her and I'm not better.