Chapter Thirteen

ROCCO

My safe haven is no longer a secret, a snipper has made that apparent. Lock down has been initiated and no one is allowed to come or go until I make sure whoever shot at Adaline is either dead or no longer in the vicinity. One good thing to come out of Bruno becoming friendly with Addie is that he is fully on board with protecting her.

I have no idea where its come from but I need him working with me not against me so I won't question it. One wrong move on his part though and my beloved brother will be losing a hand, maybe even an ear. He does love the way he looks far too much. Is that psychotic?

Yes I think it is.

Never did say I was sane.

I really didn't want to move Addie back into the city but I don't see another way around this. I missed a snipper lurking about on my property, right under my fucking nose. The thing that really bugs me is that out of all the people out and about, it was Addie that they targeted. I've been having regular meetings with Daniel over the phone- both of us loving the constant interaction. I may have growing feelings for his sister but I still think the man is a prick.

He did also mention that there is countless letters and presents being sent to his office addressed to Addie. No return address and they haven't been signed. I'm starting to think that Addie may have a stalker, one that could potentially be deadly. The women just attracts dangerous men.

It should be a fucking talent.

Addie herself is something I have never come across in my life. The women is one massive head fuck. I treat her like shit, she barely talks to me yet will still let me fuck her. It's confusing as fuck and the sick part of me preys on it. It's like we are using each other for pleasure but both can't trust the other with our feelings. I know her past is fucked up. The dreams and massive list of broken bones make it clear but her constant need to drown her sorrows in alcohol and drugs is starting to piss me off.

If she wants to scream, fight, break things even that is fine by me but I will not have someone with so much potential fuck up her life anymore than she already has. Daniel was clear on that one. Adaline was not to be around drugs at any cost. Not that I take orders from him but I do understand his reasoning. I'll keep last nights antics to myself for now. Knowing Addie will not like me for it and I really can't be dealing with his shit just now.

At least for now anyway, Addie can stand to be in the same room as me. I know what she thinks she saw but if she could just talk to me rather than shut down, this pathetic argument could be over with. It will need to be put to bed soon because within the next 24hours we will be up and moving back to the city. I just have a few things that need to be worked out first.

One is where the fuck we are gonna stay. My apartment and Daniel's apartment are no go's. They are too known and it seems like everyone in Addie's life could be impacted in some way. I don't trust anyone out with my small circle, even my men are all questionable at this point. Hey, the only reason I am trusting Daniel is because he is so protective of his sister. Its one of the only things we have in common.

The only fuckers I am willing to trust are Bruno, Shane and Marco. Those lads have been with me through thick and thin. I know they would 100% lay down their lives for me. I'd do the same for them in a heart beat.

So the plan that I come up with will only include us four and no one else. I can't have this getting out, not until I know Addie is safe and secure. Now the one thing that irks me is that whoever was on the trigger end of the gun didn't shoot her. There must be a reason and I could think of 100 different reasons as to why that is. None of them good.

"Boss you asked to see us?" Bruno peaks his head round the door to my office. Standing behind him is Marco and Shane.

"Yes, come in and shut the door." I command taking a drink of my whisky. "It would appear that we can no longer think of this place as safe. Whoever is trying to mess with our business has now went one step further and is fucking with what is mine. I only trust the three of you for now with this. We need to come up with some sort of plan to get Adaline out of here and to somewhere secure. The plan we come up with does not leave this room. Am I clear?" The trio nod before Bruno speaks up.