Wrong Impression

The next morning Kennedy woke to the early morning sunlight streaming through the balcony doors. She could hear the faint singing of birds high up in the trees, the gentle whinny of the horses in a nearby field. As she opened her eyes, she saw that there was no cream silk canopy over this four poster. This one was the color of night-blue and it was satin. There were no pink satin roses embossed onto the wallcovering. No elegant oak furniture. This room was completely male.

Dark mahogany complemented with brass fittings, dark greens and blues and rich reds; and the smell was different too. Her room smelled of jasmine and roses, this one smelled male, musky and of expensive cologne. Her heart gave a little somersault as she remembered the events of the night before.

She smiled as she slowly stretched herself out, and felt the brush of his warm skin against hers. Her cheeks burned slightly, although she wasn't sure why; last night hadn't been the first time she had slept with someone. But it had been the first time it had meant something. A wonderful, warm feeling burst open inside of her and she smiled again, unable to believe that this had all really happened, and to her.

He had said such beautiful things and told her she was the first woman that had ever been able to reach him. The only one he'd ever allowed to. She had broken through the wall he had built around his heart and now his heart belonged to her. Now he had found her he would never let her go.

Like Lex, Kennedy had never been in love before either. She'd had school-girl-type crushes - but never anything more. How did a person know when they were in love? She didn't know how a 'normal' person would know. But she knew how she did. Making objects float while kissing a guy had never happened before, so she figured that was as good a sign as any.

Behind her she felt Lex move, the tender way that even in sleep his arms came around her, holding her close. Safe and warm, secure.

How...why this had happened, she didn't know or care. All she knew was that it had. Fast and hard, and so deep it had caught them both completely unawares. She had walked into his life exactly one week ago and it had been a whirlwind of a week. But what of the future?

And just like that she felt the doubt and unsurety creep in and it began to slowly take the edge off her wonderful, happy glow.

The future.

Hers was very uncertain. She hadn't even told Lex the reason behind why she left Metropolis. He knew nothing of her 'special gift' or of the institute she had been a prisoner of until she had eventually escaped. He didn't know about the pain and the misery that had dogged her over the years since losing her father.

Her insides sank heavier than the Titanic.

Already their relationship was marred by lies and secrets.

So should she tell him everything? If so, how would he react? Would it change his feelings if he knew she held the power to move things with her mind?

Lex would never hurt her. Of that much she was certain. But she had learned that sometimes people had a funny way of reacting when confronted with the truth. Telling Clark had been easy because Clark had his own secrets. He understood. So did that mean that she thought Lex wouldn't? 

He and Clark were good friends and she knew of his curious interest in the events of the day when he had ploughed off that bridge. Even so, Clark trusted Lex and she did, too. She had felt it that first night and wouldn't have taken him up on his offer to stay here otherwise.

She knew in her heart if she were to tell him that he wouldn't think she was some kind of 'freak'. After all, hadn't he told her the story of his own painful past? The day of the meteor shower and what had happened to him?