34-The Twilight Zone

(A/N You are traveling into another dimension. A dimension of not only sight, sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land who's boundaries are only that of imagination. That's the sign post up ahead! Your next stop: The Twilight Zone.
....I had too.)

-Eren's POV-

When Levi was put into prison I was a mess. I didn't sleep, I didn't eat, I just cried all the time.
It was pathetic.
I tried to visit him everyday like I promised, but that turned out to be harder than I thought.
I couldn't stay with Hanji forever. I had to get a job.
Every night I thought about Levi.
Did he eat anything today?
Did he get hurt?
Does he think I don't love him because I didn't visit?
Did he find someone better than me?
Does he think I found someone better?

Thinking like this made me feel sick. It didn't help either when Levi told me we should take a break.
I don't want to.
Why would I want to?
Why...why do you want to?
The only reason why I agreed was because he looked so serious about this. He already looked awful, I didn't want to do anything that would make it worse.
I don't know what he think will happens. That I'll fall in love with someone else?
How could I?

The first month went by and I didn't do anything different, except that I didn't visit Levi.
Does he think I already moved on?
Does he think I'm having a drink with someone else?
Does he think I'm kissing someone else?
Does he think I'm...

I shook the thoughts from my head. Tonight I was driving into town. I just wanted to sit at the bar. The one bar that Levi and I went together... before...everything. Sometimes I go here and just sit down. I never have a drink though. I'm bad with alcohol...plus I'm not technically old enough. The bartender, Historia, is really cool though. We've become pretty good friends so we usually talk whenever I go.

I parked the car and walked into the bar. As I walked in I rubbed my face and eyes. If you're wondering, Mikasa doesn't work here anymore. I told her to leave. We haven't talked since.
I listened as 'My Girl' was playing while I walked in.

When I removed my hands from my eyes and looked up I almost had a heart attack.

Sitting at the bar, ordering a drink, was Levi.

My Levi.

I stood there for a moment in shock. I rubbed my eyes again but when I opened them he was still there. Historia had just brought him his drink.
This...this has to be a dream...this is impossible.
I pinched myself.
I looked up and he was still there.

I couldn't believe it.

I walked up to him slowly and sat on the bar stool next to him.
I still couldn't believe he was real.
I looked in towards the bar and kept giving him side glances.
This can't be real.

"Hi."
I turned my head and saw Levi smiling at me.
"H-hey."
"You're not going to have a drink?" He asked acting like everything was normal.
"I-I well... I," I stuttered like a nervous mess. I was freaking out.
"Here, I'll buy you one." He called for a bartender and ordered a beer for me. He gave it to me but all I could do was stare. "T-thanks."
"Aren't you going to drink it?" I quickly looked at him again, "Y-yeah." I took a big sip and wiped my mouth. I felt like I was in the twilight zone.
What's happening?
"Hey, Eren!" Historia waved and smiled at me.
"H-hi..." I said back blankly. She gave me a strange look and then went to serve other people.

Levi spoke again.
"You drink often?"
"A little..."
"Cool," he took another sip of his drink and placed it down on the counter. He brushed his hair out of his face.
I couldn't control myself.
"I've missed you so much!" I blurted out.
He raised an eyebrow at me, "What?"
"How are you here?! How can you be here?!" I said has I grabbed his hand and held it.
He still looked confused, "What do mean? I come here everyday, Eren. I see you often...you never talk to me though..."
My heart was breaking.