29-Shut Up

-Levi's POV-

They shoved me into the car and drove quickly to the station.
My hands were in handcuffs and my nose was still bleeding.

I deserve it.

I looked out the window at the speeding cars as we drove. I took in every bump and crack in the road. I took in every tree and lamppost. I even remembered to take in the sky.
The beautiful, beautiful, sky.
The sky that I might not see ever again.

This is what I get.
Did I think this wasn't how it was going to end?

The cop driving kept giving me glances through the mirror. He glared at me and looked at me in disgust.

Can't blame him.

I tried to ignore him as we started getting closer to the destination. My hair fell down over my face and I could feel the blood and sweat run down my face. All I could think about was that I should have known this would happen. This was the only way it could end.

Either that or a bullet through my skull.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Put the gun down."

"I was terrified that you were going to put that gun to your head and pull the trigger. I was terrified."

But I never got the chance, did I?

"You're the nicest kidnapper this world had ever seen!"

"And you most certainly are not a monster."

"You are not a monster."

Just the memory of Eren's voice made my heart ache. Just the thought of his tears mad me want to throw up. I don't want him to cry. I want him to be happy.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Eren was crying hysterically when I was being arrested. He yelled and kicked and screamed. He ran towards me and fell in front of my face.

"Levi..."

I felt my heart throb with guilt.
Again, I was the cause of his tears. Again, I was the cause of his pain. Again, I was the cause of his unhappiness and misery.
Me.

I started to cry softly in the back of the police car.
The car that would take me to my final destination.

"What are you crying about?" One of the men asked rolling his eyes angrily. The other one stayed silent doing something on his phone.

I didn't answer.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

I turned my eyes away from him and continued to look out the window.

Once he saw I wasn't paying attention he scoffed, "Whatever. You're a real piece of shit. You know that right?"

Yes.

"You know what I heard from some of these people? Some were missing clumps of hair. Some had fingers and arms broken. One of them suffered an almost fatal head injury."

I still looked out the window. Listening to his accusations silently.
His true accusations.

"You don't even steal anything. You don't kill them either. It's just cruel. It's sick." He paused to see if he had gotten my attention. I could feel him glaring at me.

"I don't get it. That boy that was with you...who is he? Why did he care for your disgusting ass?"

I don't know.

I didn't answer once again.

He thought for moment, "Oh...you never told him did you? You brought him into your house in order to be uninterrupted."

If he thought he was going to get me to talk he was sadly mistaken. That's just what he wants me to do. I have the right to remain silent after all.
Something that he had failed to make sure I knew. Whoever these guys were, they weren't just cops.
They were assholes.

"What I don't understand is how that kid could be so stupid."
I whipped my head around to face him through the mirror.
"You look like serial killer. You look insane." He looked at me and realized he had finally gotten a reaction.
He smirked.
"The little shit head probably couldn't tell the difference between Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf."

I was wrong.

"Shut up."

I couldn't hold my tongue now.

"What did you say to me?"

I glared at him.
"I said shut up, asshole," I said venomously with each word.

"Watch your mouth! I'm an officer of the law!" He spat back. For a moment he just looked at me in anger. Then he brushed the loose strands of hair from his face. He didn't look angry anymore.

"I don't know why you're so mad. It's the truth. What was his name again? Hmmm...Eric....no.....El....Ed....Eren...wait...yeah! It was Eren wasn't it? That idiot kid's name was Eren, right?

"KEEP HIS NAME OUT OF YOUR DISGUSTING MOUTH!"

He smiled. He knew he got what he wanted. I knew it too.

"I would be very careful of the words you say to me." He said with a grin on his face.

"You-...." I looked at his face again. I turned my head towards the window in defeat.
He was right.

"That's what I thought."

Once we got to the police station he roughly shoved me through the door. They patted me down and made me take some test for DNA and such. Finally, they let me use the phone.
My one phone call.

I sighed and tried to compose myself. I didn't want them to worry about me.
I'm not worth their tears.
I'm not worth anyone's tears.

I don't even have the right to shed my own.

I typed in the already familiar digits in the keypad.
My heart raced rapidly as the line rang.
Not even after the second ring they answered.

"LEVI?! IS THAT YOU?!" They said desperately. I could hear them crying.

I wiped away the tear that had already escaped my eye and managed to put a small smile on my face.

"Yeah. It's me, my love."

A/N

Yo
Finally got another chapter done.
Sorry again cause updating will be weird.

Sigh.
I'm tired as hell.

Thanks for reading.
Peace out.