12-The Hard Fall

-Levi's POV-

I woke up in a daze. When I sat up in my bed I looked around the room.
What happened?
I went into the bathroom when I saw broken glass and blood on the floor.
What the...
When I went to grab my toothbrush I heard noises coming from the kitchen. Cautiously I walked towards my bedroom door and peeked outside.
I saw a figure walking around the kitchen, but I couldn't make out who. Quickly I went into the bathroom and used my wash cloth to pick up a glass shard. I opened the door and held the glass-backhand-in my right hand. The person had their back facing me and something in their hand.
"Who are you!?" I yelled.
"AH!" The person jumped and dropped a plate on the floor.

Before they could turn around I took a step towards them. When I took the step I slipped on something and fell on the floor.

"Oww!" I groaned. I hit my head pretty hard and my vision blurred. I saw the same figure walk up to me but I still couldn't make out the face.
"Are you okay?!?" I heard the voice say as they helped me up.
"Who are you?" I said still having no idea what was going on.
"Levi, it's me."
I looked at the figure for a moment and slowly my vision started to get clearer. Finally I made out brown messy hair and bright blue-green eyes.
"Eren?"
He tilted his head at me confused. "Yeah, it's me. Are you okay? You took a pretty hard fall."
"Yeah I must've sl-." I stopped. "Wait...why are you upstairs?!?!"
"Uhh...don't you remember what happened last night?"
"Last night..."

"L-Levi? W-w-what's going on?"

"Eren, leave."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Put the gun down."

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE ME BLOW MY BRAINS OUT!"

"Levi...I'm so sorry that happened...you're not a monster."

"Eren, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!"

"It's okay now. You're okay."

Memories from last night flooded back to me all at once.
I almost....
"Levi, are you okay?"
I snapped out of it, "Uh...yeah." We stayed silent for a minute avoiding eye contact. I looked around the kitchen and saw that he was cooking.
"What were you doing?"
"Huh?" He looked behind him, "Oh! That. I was making breakfast for us. You were sleeping for awhile and I thought you would be hungry."
"A While? What time is it?"
"Almost 1."
I was shocked.
I have never slept that long....
"Oh...you didn't have to make breakfast, you know...you could have left..."
He turned around and started picking up the pieces of the plate he dropped, "I know."
I watched as he carefully put the shards of glass into the trash bin. I walked over to him and threw away the glass shard I had as well.
"What the hell did I slip on anyway?"

Eren looked at me guiltily, "Sorry about that. I was cleaning the floors. I know how much of a clean freak you are, so I thought it would be nice." I looked down at my feet. "Thanks Eren." He smiled at me, "It was nothing, really. Moping isn't that hard." I looked up at him. I made sure I was looking him dead in the eye, "I meant for what you did for me last night. Thank you."
He looked down at his feet and I saw his brown hair fall over his eyes, "You don't need to thank me."
"No, I do. You didn't have to do that. I don't even know why you're still here. You can still go. It's okay if you call the police."
"I don't want to leave." Before I could ask why he interrupted me.
"Levi! You're bleeding!"
"What?" I touched the back of my head. I looked at my fingers and they were covered in blood.
Guess I must've hit my head harder than I thought.
He ran up to me and put a towel he was holding to the back of my head.
"Eren, I'm okay. You don't need to-"
"Shhh."
I accepted defeat and obeyed. He told me sit on the counter and I did so reluctantly. He asked me where my medical kit was and I told him. I watched him as he carefully opened the box. Gently, he cleaned my head of the blood.
"You look like you know what you're doing."
"Oh...I got into a lot of fights when I was younger....I never won though." He said still focused on my injured head.
"Oh."
Once he was satisfied he wrapped my head in some gauze.

"I like your eyes." He told me, blushing.
"Tch, yeah, sure." I said rolling my eyes.
"No, I'm serious."
Normally people don't like my eyes because of how devoid of color they are so when he said that it shocked me.
"Thanks..." I said still not sure if he was telling the truth. Then it clicked.
How did he see my eyes if I have a mask on...
I touched my face and realized I wasn't wearing my mask.
"My mask..."
"You fell asleep last night in the basement so I took it off so you could sleep. I hope you don't mind."
"No...it's okay." I thought about last night again. "How did I get upstairs?"
He gave me a confused look, "I carried you. How else?"
Smart ass as always.
"Oh...thanks." He hummed in response. I looked down at my hands and realized they weren't shaking anymore. For a while now my hands would go into fits of uncontrollable shaking. Those were part of the withdrawal symptoms. They were the worst last night.
I could've killed him.
But I didn't, and my hands ceased their never ending shaking.
Maybe I don't have to be a monster anymore. Just maybe...

"Okay you're done." He smiled, "It's a good thing you didn't fall as hard as I thought, or else you would have needed stitches."
I looked at his beautiful eyes again. I could have stared at them forever.

Oh, Eren....

I've never fallen so hard.