32-Hell on Earth

-Levi's POV-

"May the defendant please stand?"

Ymir and I stood up from our seats. I looked down at my ugly, dirty, orange jumpsuit, and brushed off whatever dust was on it. Others would say it looked fine but to me it was filthy.
Ymir jammed my side with her elbow.
"Pay attention," she muttered. I glared at her and she ignored me.

"The defendant, Levi Ackerman, is being charged with 20 counts of aggravated assault and resisting arrest."

What?
I looked at Ymir and she looked just as surprised as me. I turned to look at Eren and he looked shocked as well. Then he looked pissed.

"What?! That's bull shit!" Eren yelled as he stood up. Hanji was egging him on of course.
"Sir sit down! If you cannot hold your tongue I'm going to ask you to leave my courtroom!" The judge yelled right back at him. He opened his mouth to say something again but before he could I spoke, "Eren, it's okay. Just do what he says."
I dont any of their filthy hands on you while they're kicking you out.
He looked at me for a moment and then reluctantly took his seat.

I turned towards the jury again. Some looked half asleep and some were scowling. They didn't want to be here either I guess.
"Order, order!" The annoying judge called again. Everyone calmed down and we could continue.
"I understand you are taking the plea deal and pleading guilty in exchange for a shorter sentence."
"Yes sir." I told the judge. He nodded.

"Count 1: For the assault of George Phillip, how does the defendant plea?"
I took in a deep breath.
This is it.
I took one more look at Eren. He looked stressed as hell. I wished I could walk over there and at least sit with him.
Just so I can calm him down. Just so I can see him. Just so I can touch him one more time before I go.

I looked up at the judge, "Guilty."
We went through all 20 people that I had beaten the shit out of and I plead guilty to each and every one, because I was guilty, for each and everyone. As I did I caught glances of a few of them in the crowd. They didn't look too happy.

Then came the last charge.
These asshole cops.

"For resisting arrest and assaulting an officer: how does the defendant plea?"

Why not plead guilty?
I deserved everything I got that night.
I'm worthless.

I opened my mouth to speak but before I did I glanced at Eren. His eyes were wide with worry and concern.
I knew he knew what I was thinking.

'You're worth more than you think. To me you're worth everything.' I just barely managed to see him mouth.

The way he said it broke my heart. I took another deep breath and mouthed to him, 'Everything is nothing compared to how much you're worth to me.'

(A/N Eren and Levi have the ability to lip read from large distances without missing a single word...because of love cliche? Idfk you make it up)

I turned to face the judge, "Not guilty." I heard the jury shuffle in their seats. Ymir and I watched as they whispered to each other.
"They're deciding whether it's worth to put you on trial just for that," Ymir told me quietly. I nodded.

"Levi Ackerman is found guilty of 20 counts of aggravated assault. You are sentenced to three years in prison. Case dismissed," The judge said after waiting patiently for what seemed like forever.

"Your honor this can't be right," The old man said, "Surely this man should be in prison longer than that."
"Goddammit," Ymir muttered under her breath. "Your honor, you've already decided his sentence. The case is over," she stated. She looked annoyed.