22-Flinch

-Mikasa's POV-

Eren slammed the door on his way out.
"EREN!" I yelled as I opened the door to chase after him. It was too late.
By the time I had opened the door Eren was already in the car and zooming out of the driveway.
Eren...
I didn't know what to do. I felt horrible for what I did to him but I felt even worse when I realized it hadn't solved anything.
He's going back to him.
My mind raced for solutions. Somehow, someway I had to stop him.

I had to open his eyes.
I wasn't going to let Levi hurt him again.
I wasn't going to let my only brother be manipulated and used like he's some idiot.

The only problem was, I had no plan.
Not this time.
I couldn't go after Eren because I had no idea where he was headed and it still would be useless to call the police.

Eren, what are you doing?

I felt my hands clench in the dark of the night. My heart started racing in pure anxiety. I know I seem crazy but I don't care. Like I said: Eren is my brother and I would do anything for him.
Anything.
I would even hurt him to get him out of more pain in the future.
In this situation at least, the end justifies the means.

He is all I have left after our mother died and father left.
He is my one and only love.

When I had no one else I could always know I had him. Whenever I was having a bad day or I couldn't take it anymore I had him.
Even when I had nothing left I always new that I would always have him.
He's my lifeline.
I know he doesn't realize it now but he will.
He will understand that I'm doing this for him.
He will realize I'm doing this for him and him alone.

Like I always do.
Because he's my brother and I love him.

I walked up to my car which I had parked a block away from Levi's house and got behind the wheel. I started the car and thought about Eren.
His smile, his laugh, the way he would sometimes call me 'Kasa for short.
I missed him.
I missed him so much.
The fact that he hated me made me even more distraught.

I pounded my hands on the steering wheel and started to cry.
I started to break down.

How will I reach you now, Eren? You're drowning and you don't even know it.

I looked at myself in the car mirror. My hair was a mess and my eyes were red. In a sudden epiphany I realized that although Levi had hurt Eren, I also have too. The face I was looking at was the face of a person who dared to hurt Eren Jaeger. I flinched in disgust. I didn't want to look at myself anymore.

If I drown trying to save you so be it.
If you hate me for the rest of my life and never talk to me again go ahead.
If I end up hating myself that's okay too.
All that matters is that you are safe.
If I have to lose your love to make sure you are, then I'm prepared.

I put the car in drive and headed to the nearby city.

Maybe Eren wasn't Levi's only victim.
Maybe they would be willing to speak up against him.

When I got to the city, I parked my car and started walking around. I was looking for someone-anyone-who looked like they would have an altercation with Levi. If I could find one who was also kidnaped or assaulted by Levi, that would be enough to put him in prison.
If Levi's in prison Eren will be safe.

I'm doing Eren a favor.
He was going to get his heart broken anyway when he realizes it was all a lie. When he sees Levi's true colors he'll see the truth.

I rummaged in my pocket and found a pack of cigarettes. I picked one and lit it. Closing my eyes, I put the cigarette to my lips and let the nicotine fill my lungs. I exhaled and watched as the smoke went into the night sky.
I know it's a bad habit but I could never bring myself to stop.
It reminds me of Eren.
Sometimes we would smoke together outside and just talk and enjoy each other's company. He doesn't smoke as much as he used to but I find myself, more often than not, putting a cigarette to my lips.

I dropped the cigarette on the ground and stomped it out.

You better watch out Levi.
I see right through you.
I'm the only one who loves Eren.

A/N

Yo
Mikasa chapter because I'm just evil like that.
Sigh.
Sorry if next weeks updates get weird. I can't promise to update everyday but I will try.
Thanks for reading.
Peace out.