30-2, 3, 4 Eternities

-Levi's POV-

"Yeah. It's me, my love." I said softly hoping to keep him calm.

It didn't work.

"LEVI ARE YOU OKAY?! DOES YOUR FACE HURT?!? DID THEY DO ANYTHING ELSE TO YOU?!? I'M ON MY WAY I PROMISE!"

"Eren."

He stopped abruptly, "Y-yeah."

"I'm okay. I promise." I lied.

I could still hear him crying. "Don't do that, Levi. Don't lie to me, please. Y-you don't have to lie to me."
My heart stopped.

Why do I always have to be the one to make you cry?

"E-Eren...I..."

"Levi, I'll be there as fast as I can! I'll fix this. I'll fix everything! I'll get you a lawyer! I'll do whatever it takes!"
I sighed.
"Eren...I'm just going to accept an appointed lawyer. It doesn't really matter. I'm just going to plead guilty."

"What?! Why?! You can't!"

"Why wouldn't I? It's true. Everything they said about me...it's all true..."

He sniffled and his breath hitched, "L-Levi..."

I'm sorry.

"I don't expect you to come to the trial or visit me in prison. It's okay. I won't be mad at you. I-I could never be mad at you. I just want you to know..." I felt tears starting to roll down my cheeks, "I want you to know that...that I love you. I'll love you even when you don't love me...even...e-even when you hate me..."

"L-Levi...don't say that...I don't hate you. I could never hate you....I love you."

His words caused whatever control I had over my emotion to be completely demolished.
I started to sob.
"E-Eren...I-I'm sorry. I'm so s-sorry....I...I..." I felt the tears roll down my face faster and faster.

Why? Why does my life have to be this way?

"Levi...p-please don't cry. I'll be there in a few m-minutes. I-I love you. I'll s-see you soon." He hung up and I put the phone the phone back in its hook.

One of the cops led me into a holding cell and I sat there alone.
I didn't have any fight left.

After sitting there for a while a women was let into my cell. She was tall (at least for me) and had short brown hair. She was wearing business attire. She looked bored and pissed off. Somehow she reminded me of myself.
Just a little.

"You must be Levi Ackerman." She said as she stopped in front of me. I lifted my head to look at her, "Yeah...who are you?"

She sighed and extended a hand, "My name is Ymir Fritz. I am your appointed attorney."

I took her hand and shook it, "Oh...thanks."

She shrugged and took out some papers.
"20 counts of assault...attempted murder...geeze..." She raised an eyebrow at me, "So....what do you have to say about...this?"

I looked down at my hands. The hands that hurt so many people. The hands that hurt Eren.
"I did it. I did it and I'm pleading guilty."

The room was silent for a moment.
Then she let out a sigh of relief, "Thank god! I mean there are over 20 victims and eyewitness accounts! You were pretty screwed."
I gave her an annoyed look.

Gee thanks.

"What? It's true."
I rolled my eyes.
She sighed again, "Well, I'll see if I can get some sort of plea deal to shorten your sentence then. Don't talk to anyone but me and see you tomorrow morning." She tucked her notes messily under her arm and left.