11-Leaving and Staying Part 2

---Trigger warning- Contains attempted suicide and violence so if you don't like-don't read.---

-Eren's POV-

"When I was younger I had a friend named Farlan. Every day this group of boys would bully him. Of course I noticed this as soon as it happened.
He came up to me one day with a black eye and a bloody nose. He begged me to help him keep them away so I agreed.
Almost everyday after that I dealt with the bullies.
Everyday I would beat them up it would progressively get worse.
At first it was a couple bruises, then some cuts, then some deeper cuts, it would get worse as the days dragged on.
I couldn't stop because if I did they would hurt him. I couldn't let them hurt him. I wouldn't let them." He stopped for a moment to compose himself.
"One day I couldn't control myself. I found them kicking Farlan one day after school and I...I snapped. I remember grabbing one and throwing them on the ground and taking another one by the hair and shoving his face into the pavement. His leg was hovering over the ground as I held him by his hair. I don't know what made me do it but...I stepped on his leg as hard as I could and I heard a snap.
Then a scream.
I smiled and hit him in the face so hard he was knocked unconscious. Then I turned to the third one and knocked him down on his back. I stepped on his chest with my right foot and grabbed his wrist. I remember looking at his fingers and thinking: I wonder how easy it would be to break his fingers.
I took a hold of his fingers and one by one I broke them. He screamed in agony and begged me to stop but I didn't.
I couldn't.
Before I could do anything else I heard Farlan beg me to stop. I looked over at him and saw him on the floor. He was crying and shaking. He was afraid. Afraid of me.

I looked at the blood covering my hands. I was horrified of what I had just done. I ran away. After that I couldn't stop. Farlan moved away without even saying goodbye and here I stayed. The kids would call me a monster, psychopath, disgusting freak. They were right. I knew that. I still know that."
I stood up from the floor, "Levi...I'm so sorry that happened...you're not a monster." He quickly pointed the gun at me again, "Eren, STAY AWAY FROM ME" He cried desperately.  I stopped again. He was sobbing.
"Eren, I'm a monster! I'll hurt you, don't you get that??? I'm not going to hurt anyone again! I WON'T!" His head dropped. "This is better for everyone...trust me. Just leave. Go back home to your sister and your friends. Don't worry about me. Don't even give me a second thought."
That was it. I couldn't just stand there anymore. I started walking up to him. "Eren...stop. I told you to get away from me!" He said with the gun still pointing at me. I kept walking towards him until the gun was touching my forehead. I looked at him, trying to show him that I wasn't afraid of him. His hands shook more than ever before. His pointer finger was resting on the trigger and ready to shoot.
But he didn't.
Instead he burst into loud, terrible, sobs. They were worse than mine were that night. "I can't do this, Eren. I can't do this anymore." As he cried I slowly took the hand holding the gun into my left hand and gently guided his hand downwards. My right hand slid around his waist and brought him closer to my chest. Slowly I managed to get the gun out of his hand and bring him into a full embrace. He continued to cry in my shoulder. "I don't want to be a monster anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want to hurt you, Eren!" I rubbed his back and carefully bent my knees to sit on the ground-never breaking the hug.
"I know, Levi. It's okay. You're okay now."

We stayed like that until he fell asleep, crying, in my arms. I carried him up the stairs and laid him on his bed. As I put the sheets on him I realized sleeping in a mask wouldn't be very pleasant.
Well...it would be uncomfortable to wear that. I have to take it off, right?
Gently I removed the dark mask from his face.

I felt my breath hitch and my heart stop.

His face was pale and he had dark, raven, hair, that went down to about his eyes. His eyes were red from crying and his lashes were still wet with tears.
Beautiful.
I stood there for awhile admiring him. I looked at the time and realized it was late so I stroked his hair and whispered good night in his ear. I went into the living room and laid down on the couch.

Sure, I guess I could've left, but I didn't want to. I wasn't going to run anymore. Plus, this time I wasn't trapped in a basement so that's nice to. Now I was in control.

I suddenly remembered sleeping in the basement and hearing Levi scream in the middle of the night from (what I assumed after a while to be) a nightmare. I frowned at the thought and turned over to my side and fell asleep.

I hope you have better dreams tonight, Levi.

A/N

Yo
Levi traumatic back story - check
Sorry if this backstory thing was lame.
I couldn't come up with anything else.
Sigh.
I'm tired okay.
Thanks for reading.
Peace out.