28-To Watch Your Heart Drive Away

-Eren's POV-

As soon as our lips touched the door slammed opened.

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!"
A man in a black uniform yelled as he kicked open the door with his gun drawn.
Immediately Levi and I put our hands in the air. We were still facing each other. He looked completely shocked and so was I. I don't think either of us had processed it.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU IS LEVI ACKERMAN?!" More cops came into the house all pointing guns.
I looked at Levi with eyes full of concern.

What's going on?
What are they going to do to you?
Why are they here?

I asked all of this silently with my eyes. He looked at me for a moment that seemed like forever and finally managed to choke out, "M-me. I'm Levi Ackerman."

No.

"PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND SLOWLY KNEEL DOWN ON THE FLOOR!" Levi very slowly obeyed and knelt on the floor.

I couldn't watch this anymore.

"Wait! This is just a huge misunderstanding," I said without moving in a loud voice. They ignored me.
The biggest one of them ran to Levi and pinned him down on the floor and held his arms behind his back. Levi groaned in pain.

"Stop! Stop it! You're hurting him!" As I said this another cop came towards me. His gun was pointed downwards.

"Are you Eren Jeagar?" He asked me in a stern and serious voice.
"Uh...uh y-yes, but--"
"Come with me. You are going to be okay," he interrupted and grabbed my arm. He roughly grasped my side in an attempt to get me out of the house. When he grabbed my side I winced.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Levi yelled angrily, "HE'S HURT ASSHOLE BE CAREFUL!" The other cop grabbed the back of his hair and jammed his face straight into the ground.
He groaned again

"LEVI!" I pushed the man holding me and ran to him. When Levi managed to look up at me his face was bloodied and he was in a daze. This time another cop grabbed me before I could reach him. Now I was in tears, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO HIM?! LET ME SEE HIM! YOU HURT HIM!"

"Sir, it's going to be okay now. I promise. The shock is normal. You're going to have to try and calm down." The women said calmly to me.

How could you do this?!
How could you do this to him?!

"GET OFF OF ME!" I yelled and shoved the women off me. As I ran I tripped over my own feet and landed right in front of Levi. I groaned and looked up.

Levi looked at me. His nose was bleeding and his usually perfect hair was a mess.
"It's going to be fine, Eren. I'll be fine."

As he said this he smiled a small smile at me. He wasn't going to cry, his eyes never watered, but I could see his sadness in the smile. The smile he faked just for me.

It was heartbreaking.

"Levi..." I cried as I reached out for his face.

I just wanted to touch him.
I wanted him to know I was here.
I wanted to make his pain go away.
I wanted to clean his face and kiss away all of his cuts and bruises.

Two of the cops came behind me and grabbed me. They dragged me out the door as I screamed for them to let me go.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! LET ME SEE HIM!"
Right before they shoved me out the door I heard the cop that had Levi pinned to the floor say in a rough voice, "Levi Ackerman, you are being charged with 20 counts of aggravated assault and attempted homicide. Anything that you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." Before I could hear him finish I was already out the door.

They dragged me out to the ambulance and wrapped a silver blanket around me. I was about to throw the blanket off me and run back to the house when I heard a familiar voice.

"Eren!"
Mikasa came running up to me and embraced me.
"Eren, you're okay!"
I was completely shocked.
"W-what are you doing here."

She didn't answer.

"How is your side? Has it healed? Have you had any problems? Did he hurt you?!?"

No.
No. No. No.
This can't be happening.
It can't.

I shoved my one and only sister away from me. She looked at me in pure shock.
"Mikasa, WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Her shocked expression quickly changed to anger.
"Did you really think I was going to leave you with that monster? Do you think you matter THAT LITTLE TO ME EREN!? HE KIDNAPED YOU!" Before I could answer she spoke again with more rage, "I KNEW THAT EVEN IF HE DID THESE HORRIBLE THINGS TO YOU THAT YOU WOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! YOU'RE INFATUATED WITH HIM! YOU'RE INFATUATED WITH THE IDEA OF BEING LOVED AND IN LOVE!"

"That's not true!"
She yelled even louder, "YES IT IS EREN! IF IT WASN'T FOR ME YOU WOULD STILL ME WITH THIS DISGUSTING MONSTER! I FOUND HIS OTHER VICTIMS! I CONVINCED THEM TO NOT BE AFRAID AND PRESS CHARGES! I EXPOSED HIM! I SAVED YOU!"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" I stood up and matched her volume, "THEY ARE HURTING HIM! THEY'RE TAKING HIM TO JAIL! DID YOU SEE WHAT THEY DID TO HIM?!? THEY SLAMMED HIS FACE INTO THE GROUND!"

She took a step towards me, "GOOD! HE DESERVES A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE!"

I have never been this angry before.
I was even more furious than I was when she literally stabbed me.
Because of her, Levi was hurt.
Because of her, Levi was being pulled away from me.

Because of my sister.

My sister.

I pushed my sister onto the ground.
The only reason why I didn't punch her was because no matter what she did I could still only see my sister in her eyes.

Her jaw dropped and I continued to cry.
But I was angry.
And I was going to take it out all on her.

"YOU DO THIS TO ME ALL TIME! YOU INVADE MY LIFE AND TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS TO ME! INSTEAD OF TRUSTING THAT I'M NOT A COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOT YOU WORM YOUR WAY INTO MY LIFE AND RUIN IT! YOU THINK YOU'RE HELPING ME BUT YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I stopped and catched my breath. I lowered my voice and continued to sob, "You're hurting me so damn much. You're hurting me more than Levi ever did. And yeah Levi did hurt me but you don't understand that you are hurting me...so, so much more. Mikasa I love you. I will always love you. You are my sister....but I love him too. I love him. I love Levi."

Mikasa looked at me with her jaw still dropped. "Eren...I-I..y-you..." she stuttered and choked on the sentence she couldn't manage to get out.

I wiped my face and turned around-too overwhelmed to continue the conversation.

I saw as Levi's head was being shoved into a police car with his hands in handcuffs and behind his back.

Levi.

"Stop...STOP! LEVI!"

The car door slammed and it drove away out of sight.

And I watched as my heart went along with it.

A/N

Yo
Updating will be weird this week too because recently I acquired a life.

Crazy I know.

Sigh.

Thanks for reading.
Peace out.