Deja Vu | Keith [pt. 2]

Începe de la început

The tension in the Black Lion's hangar was beyond anything I've felt before. No one exactly agreed to this but Princess Allura. Meaning that we all had to listen no matter what.

This also meant that if anyone, she was the first one to step inside of the black lion. None of us that were standing outside of the lion, which was everyone excluding the Princess, knew what was happening. We couldn't hear her or have a clue as to what she was doing.

In some ways she did seem like a natural leader. She was a Princess after all, and I couldn't even ignore that fact. But something about her gives something off about the thought of her piloting the Black Lion.

She walked out after not being able to connect, narrowing it down to the actual paladins and myself.

Pidge was next. She came walking out complaining about how the seat and handles were too big and too far for her arms to reach. Her and Princess Allura took around the same time inside of the Lion.

Then was Hunk. He wasn't in the Lion long enough for me to give a single thought about him leading. When I mentioned it he shrugged and explained how he liked the Yellow Lion too much to leave. Coran influenced (forced) him to go back and actually give it a try, but he came back out after not being able to connect.

Soon came Lance, and he took forever trying. He spent about thirty minutes inside of it, and I could tell he was trying hard. But just like the previous people and Altean, he came out complaining that the Black Lion didn't like any of us.

Right before Keith went I remembered something he's told me before. When we were all lost on our own planet, Keith controlled the Black Lion.

And it hit me, Keith was obviously going to be the new Black paladin. No one else knew of it except for Shiro, Keith, and I.

Keith stepped into the lion, if anyone, I would want him to pilot it. He has a lot of potential to lead already, he just doesn't see it. No one really does making me the only one.

Sure, the others are great paladins as well. And maybe it was expected of me to want him to since I've known him from day one. But Keith was meant to lead us if Shiro wasn't here.

Shiro would want him to anyways.

I was the only one who felt anticipation, the others were just waiting for the new black paladin. Up to this point it was either Keith or I, and everyone knew that we were the two who weren't open to the idea.

Keith finally vanished from my sight meaning he was fully into the lion. Now, all we could do was wait.

It only made me more nervous when he was in the lion. Sweat started forming on my forehead from it, my hand lightly trembling which made me cross my arms.

What was actually around twenty minutes seemed like a few hours. The sound of his shoes against the metal signaled my head to shoot up. He looked at me, everyone else doing the same.

It wasn't him.

How wasn't it him? How in the hell was Keith not chosen to pilot the black lion? It didn't make any sense to me, he seemed the most capable of doing it. His mindset was usually so much further than all of ours, yet he wasn't chosen to lead Voltron.

"Y/n..." Hunk reminded me, his voice dropped a bit. I looked up to him only to see an evident frown covering his lips, his eyebrows raised in concern.

My gaze then traveled to the other paladins, each one of them looking at me.

If Black didn't choose me, then it was no one. Voltron wouldn't exist anymore.

I brought myself to walk forward, not to look at Keith who also seemed concern. Everyone underestimated me, all of them thinking I was so fragile. That I was already cracked.

When in reality I was only repairing myself, by myself.

I cleared my thoughts as I stepped into the seating console. Just looking at the empty seat gave me chills, that's the last place my own brother was.

But I knew, if anything, I wanted and had to carry on his legacy. My legs brought me in front of the seat. I hesitantly sat down before reaching my hands forward to grab onto the control handles.

It's okay, Y/n. You can do this. You need to do this.

Do it for Takashi.

"I know we can do it..." My voice was mumbled as I talked. More sounding to myself than the lion.

Nothing was happening.

Concentrate.

My grip onto the handles tightened, my eyes clenching shut as I stressed everything. "Come on..."

I know you can do it, Black.

"Please." I gritted my teeth, inhaling a sharp breath of air. Much to my dismay, tears pricked my shut eyes. The salty water beginning to burn my eyes, the tears falling down my cheeks.

I needed to do this, it was my job now.

My eyes tightened, tears would only show how weak I was. Shiro never cried in front of anyone.

So, now I won't either.

I brought one hand off of a lever, wiping my eyes and cheeks, ridding the tears off of my skin. My hand went right back to where I took it from, squeezing it harder as I opened my eyes.

"We need to do this."

Another five minutes past. I still tried, reminding myself of Lance who probably took a little longer than me as of right now. Sweat started and fell from my forehead. It's like the Lion just became fifty degrees hotter, the air pressure growing. Breathing became hard as my chest felt like it was tightening, my head beginning to ache too.

And then what I feared and hoped for at once began to happen.

The Lion began to glow a purple, every light began to turn on before my eyes. My breathing was still ragid, but my head and chest didn't hurt as much as it had a minute ago.

The Black Lion came alive again.

A/N
I'm so sorry I just published this!! A part three will be coming soon ;)

I START HIGH SCHOOL TOMORROW AND I NEED EVERYONE TO SAVE ME, NOT TO MENTION MY FIRST HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER GAME IS TOMORROW AS WELL. I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY SHIT I'M SO NERVOUS ://