Deja Vu | Keith

Gender Neutral!Reader x Keith

My body was a mile ahead of my mind.

My feet could't stop running, my legs aching from how fast I was going.

I couldn't even hear myself at this point, but I knew I was yelling his name.

Everyone else was behind me, they were running as well but I was in front. You think I'm not going to run at full speed to make sure he's okay?

Finally, I made it to the black lion. I didn't want to after I looked inside of it. I wasn't able to hear anyone else anymore. A loud ringing blasted my ears, my throat burned. I bit my lip, but that didn't help the tears that began to spill down my face. My heart ached far more than any limb in my body. Everything was happening too fast for me to comprehend.

"H-He's gone, again." I sobbed just in time for the other paladins to stand beside me. Though I was already walking backwards, too shocked that he wasn't here anymore.

"Shiro..." I cried, Keith was the first one to look up at me. He automatically began walking towards me holding both of his arms out to me. After all, he was the one person that knew what it felt like.

I flinched when he tried to rest his arm on mine, he only frowned before trying again. And again, I didn't know what I was doing before I was sitting on the floor of my room. This couldn't be happening right now. Haggar had to of been playing a mind trick, that witch, what a bad joke.

"He's not gone." I told myself, my voice didn't even sound like it belonged to me it was raspy and worn out. Even when I told myself that, I knew the truth.

I knew that Shiro was gone by the same people for the second time. And I knew that it was only up to us to get him back. No one on Earth knew or could possibly help. It was completely mad to think such a thing.

A knock on the door made me shoot my head to the side. Keith was already standing in my room, then sitting beside me. He looked at me, his eyes soft. It was like deja vu. Almost like we were on Earth and the television said that my brother's mission was lost.

But now we were in space and it was my fault that he was gone. I didn't fight strong enough to save him this time.

"Keith... He's gone again." I bit my lip hard enough to stop my tears, but that just led to blood spilling into my mouth. Keith just breathed roughly and loudly, not saying anything. My eyes glanced to the side where he sat and he was just staring intently at the ground. Like something was supposed to appear on the flat surface.

I brought my legs up to my chest, hugging them as I rested my chin on top of my knees. A breath of air left my lips as I sighed, there's no use in crying. That's not going to bring him back, only training will.

But now my body felt weak, weaker than it has ever felt. It hurt just to keep my eyes open but I felt like I couldn't sleep. My body was tired but my mind wasn't.

And that's what it was like for the next several nights. No one knew, but it was obvious they could tell. Dark circles grew under my eyes and I acted different, much different to my earlier self.

Tonight, three days since Shiro's been gone, everything sort of fell down. Sleep didn't exist in my eyes anymore, which led to me moving from my room to the main room. The chair that sat in front of the large window is where I sat. Galaxies filled my eyes, each moving away slowly as the castle ship moved through space.

My legs were brought up to my chest, my arms wrapped around them as my chin rested on my knees. But, my legs shot down to the ground once I heard someone.