Tell them | Keith

I am so for angsty Keith

Keith x Gender Neutral!Reader

You had been dating Keith for two months now. Two months, yet you two were the only ones who knew.

The reason was quite a dumb one, but it was a hold back. You've been staying with the paladins for over a year now, easily making them the closest thing possible to you. But Keith and yourself didn't want Shiro or the others to feel indifferently about the two of you; Or worse, say you two shouldn't be together.

You both tried to keep it as subtle as you could. And none of the others seemed to ever get suspicious, which was good in its own way.

Currently you and all the other paladins were sat at the dining table. Not eating, but just sitting down discussing strategies.

Lance not knowing about your relationship, was a downside. He was the biggest flirt that you- anyone ever knew. And you knew that whenever Lance decided to say something to you, Keith clenched his teeth, holding himself from speaking his mind towards the blue eyed boy.

Today, well today his limits were pushed a little too far.

As you were bending down, retrieving something you had dropped from the table, Lance saw his opportunity to open his big mouth.

"Y/n, the view from here is gr-"

And when you turned around everything seemed to appear in slow motion.

Keith's fist was thrown at Lance's face, knocking him on the ground with gasps from Pidge and Hunk.

"Lance keep your god damn mouth shut for once! Never fucking talk to Y/n- anyone like that again or I swear to god." Keith shouted while looking down at Lance who was now holding his jaw.

"Keith that's enough, we are a team so act like it." Shiro said, his voice gradually becoming louder as Keith was about to swing again.

With that your boyfriend completely stopped in his tracks, body frozen in place.

"I-I'm going to take a walk." He mumbled, hardly audible from your side of the room.

What in the hell just happened?

He nearly bolted out the door, and during this whole time his face was turned away from you. You didn't know if you should give him time to himself or to go follow him.

With that you chose the first option.

Everyone was still in shock, Lance finally standing, still holding his jaw.

"That was completely unexpected. Guess he's got a soft spot for you Y/n." Lance smirked. How was this boy able to smirk while holding his face that was just punched?

You glared at him while muttering, "Shut up." And with that began to walk out of the room not knowing what to do, and leaving the awkward tension that filled the room.

As you were walking down the hallway you heard footsteps from behind you. "Y/n? Hey, I need to talk to you."

Shiro.