Deja Vu | Keith [pt. 2]

"We need to form Voltron." The princess paused, glancing towards each of us before continuing her statement.

"Shiro isn't here. We need someone else to pilot the Black Lion."

And those two sentences made me stand up and walk out of the room. My stomach hurt so bad just from hearing that. As I left I knew I heard Keith's raised but muffled voice, that only making me feel worse.

The bathroom was my destination, I felt like I needed to throw up badly. As soon as I stepped in, I opened the lid of the toilet and spit out my breakfast and lunch.

It burned the back of my throat, tears stung my eyes. My hands trembled on the sides of toilet, I could barely hold myself up.

Shiro was adaptable to the Black Lion, no one else can do that job except for him. There is a reason that the rest of us were assigned to the lions we were assigned to. Princess Allura and Coran are the only ones without lions, so they seem like the only ones able to fill in that job.

But it still wouldn't feel right at all.

My meals were completely out of me, making my insides ache and feel empty. I didn't care at this point.

The door to the meeting room opened and before I knew it Keith was sitting beside me on the floor. His hands went behind my head to pull the hair away from my eyes and mouth, away from my face in general.

"I don't like the idea of someone piloting the Black Lion either." His voice was stern, like he was making a decision for himself. I didn't bother looking towards him. No way in hell anyone, including myself, would want to see how disheveled I looked right now.

Keith began to stand up after he spoke, still pulling my hair back. "Come on," he began as he reached over me to grab a cloth, then wetting it in the sink before handing it to me. I turned my face to grab it before wiping my face off. Sweat and whatever remained from me vomiting.

"Thank you." My throat still burned, which led me to grabbing a handful of water from the sink. For some reason the cold water felt good against my skin, maybe it was because I was sweaty and gross from training earlier.

Keith stood there, staring at me as I did so. I didn't look at him, but I could feel his eyes on me. They watched everything I did like I was eventually going to do something wrong.

Paranoia.

It was either that, or he really was trying to figure something out about me. I didn't know what though and in my right mind I couldn't think of anything he could be trying to think of.

"She told me we are..." He paused, taking in a large breath of air. The anticipation got to me, and since he wasn't talking maybe I could read his face. Thus making me whip my head in his direction. His eyes were looking to the side, glued to the nearby wall. Both of his arms crossed, his lips forming a perfectly straight line. "We are all going to try to work the Black Lion."

All I did was nod. There was nothing I could do to stop it. And I knew to even try to see if Shiro was taken by the Galra we would have to work Voltron somehow. Keith looked back to me when I nodded, he nodded back before exiting the room.

This meant that one of us were going to have to change our normal formation. Possibly changing everything about Voltron.

___