We Made It | Shiro

Gender Neutral! Reader x Shiro

"You are completely insane if you think that they're going to choose you to go to Kerberos." My roommate spoke to me sitting on their bed and setting the plate of food down beside them. Their eyes shot through me making me shift uncomfortably across the room from them while I sat the book I was reading out of my view.

I sighed not really knowing what to say. "I... I guess? What about me makes you think they won't?" I asked curiously, honestly wanting to know what's wrong with myself.

They looked me up and down with a disgusted expression, not helping how uncomfortable I already was. "I just don't know why they would choose you."

My eyes just traveled to theirs as I set my book back up in its former position. Completely covering my roommates face.

"If I do, don't ask for a rock or anything like that." They laughed at my comment while mumbling something I couldn't really hear.

I just continued reading, biting my lip so that I wouldn't speak another word. My throat ran dry just thinking about if I wasn't picked to go on the mission. After all, I've trained day and night to be picked for this.

But in their eyes it was nothing and I was useless. The comments were nonstop. It was like they decided for me that I wasn't going.

---

"Takashi Shirogane, Y/n L/n, you two have managed to pass the tests and were chosen to be placed onto the mission to Kerberos. Both of your evaluations proved that you are compatible to go, you'll be leaving in a month from today." My eyes widened ten times their normal size while my heart fell out of my chest completely.

I was going to Kerberos.

The man who I was going with was in my class, but I didn't know him all too well.

I had to contain myself from crying of happiness as I spoke. "Thank you so much, I hope to be a reliable person."

My voice was shaky when I said it I mentally cringed at what I said, Shiro said his thanks as well and we left the profesional meeting room. I raised both of my hands to my face to cover my mouth in astonishment. I could yell in anyone and everyone's faces now that I was going. I wasn't hoping on it anymore because I was going.

This isn't a dream.

"I'm going..." I mumbled to myself but a voice responded to mine.

"This is amazing." Shiro responded while turning to face me while walking.

"I'm Shiro by the way." The raven haired male said with a beautiful smile while holding his hand out to take mine.

"Y/n, nice to meet you." I said back while shaking his firm hand then returning it to my side.

"You too. I still cannot believe we made the cut. Or- Me I meant as I don't know much about you." Shiro said, scratching the back of his neck when he said spoke.

I've never noticed Shiro. Yes, I've acknowledged him as a classmate, but nothing more than that. His dark hair was kind of messy, most likely from staying up late at night studying and practicing how he would be when he went to Kerberos. Even if he just found out that he was going today.

Or, that's just me and what I do.

His dark eyes were piercing but reassuring at the same time, whenever he spoke everything about him was comforting.