Deep breaths | Shiro

Shiro x Female!Reader

Today was the day. The day you dreaded, that day you never wanted to come.

Your boyfriend of two years, Shiro, was leaving you to go on a trip with the Garrison.

You of course wanted him to chase his dreams of exploring the galaxy, but the risk was high. He was going in territory untouched by humans. Shiro was going to be one of the three men breaking history barriers.

As you saw the screen on your phone light up, a message from Shiro saying he was outside of your house, your stomach began to twist.

You got out of bed looking in the mirror, an outfit as simple as jeans and a shirt can do. Walking downstairs you could already see your boyfriend outside the front door.

Opening the door was something you didn't want to do. This was the last time you would greet him for a while.

The expression on his face told all, almost immediately tears began to brim your eyes. Without hesitation he wrapped his arms around your waist, your's going around his neck holding on for dear life.

"I can't believe this is it." You managed to choke out as your head rested on the crook of his neck.

"Not yet Y/n, we still have time." He said while pulling out of the hug giving a bitter sweet smile.

Shiro giving his known smile, brought a smile to your face through the tears that began to fade.

"Come with me, we're doing something special tonight, I'm sure not leaving without making some memories I'll remember."

The puzzled look on your face and his hand gripping and pulling yours was the last thing that occurred before you were in his car, driving down the road.

"Shiro, where on Earth are we going?" You asked looking at the time, 7:42 pm.

You looked at him, his hand on the wheel of the car with a smile that shined brighter than the sun. "What would a surprise be with me telling you the, well, the surprise?"

Groaning, you looked at your boyfriend. He really was a sight to see. How you were his girlfriend, you couldn't figure out. His black hair rested on his forehead with some sticking up, perfectly. His features, his eyes, his, everything.

He was your everything.

The sunset from inside the car, was almost as beautiful as him. Hues of orange, pink, and red filled the sky.

The long car ride came to a halt, now the time was 8:37 pm, wow, time went by fast.

Your surroundings were anything but familiar, "Hey Shiro, Where are we?"

He looked at you, eyes glistening, "I'll tell you soon."

As the two of you got out, Shiro took your hand and the both of you walked down an almost carved path.

Holding his hand was something you wouldn't forget. Yeah, it was something small, but the feeling of his hand latched to yours was something that brought a smile to your face.  Your hand fit perfectly in his.

The path he led you down was extremely unusual. It was completely untouched, nature took it over.

"Right here." He mumbled and stopped walking.

You were at the edge of a cliff that overlooked everything. The town the two of you lived in, the bakery both of you went to on Sunday's, even the playground you would play on as a child.