The Auditorium

A/N: This takes place between the first and second book.

Jeremy sat on his beanbag in his room, playing 'Apocalypse of the Damned'. He attempted to beat Level Nine but was unsuccessful. He threw down his controller, sighing.

It was nowhere near as fun as when he played it with Michael. It was also easier with him, too. He was more likely to pass the level if there was someone else helping him.

He could ask Evan, but he didn't really know how to play video games and they didn't interest him.

He then heard a soft knock at the door. "J-Jeremy?" A voice called. "Can I c-come in?"

Speak of the devil.

"Sure," he called back.

The door opened and Evan stood there, holding a phone.

"S-Sorry, you left your phone d-downstairs," he said. "M-Michael called."

"Thanks, Ev," he smiled, taking the phone. Evan smiled back before leaving the room, closing the door.

Jeremy turned on his phone.

2 Missed Calls from Player Two 🎧.

Jeremy dialled his contact.

"Hey, Jeremy!" Michael answered immediately. "I was just about to call you!"

"What's up?"

"Well..." Michael sounded nervous. "I was wondering if you could meet me. I have something to tell you."

"Sure! Where?" Jeremy mentally thanked Michael. He was honestly getting a bit bored with playing 'Apocalypse of the Damned'. He was also happy to see his boyfriend, of course.

"Well..." Michael paused.

"You want me to guess, don't you?"

"Yeah."

Jeremy sighed, smiling. "Really? Do I at least get a clue?"

"Fine." There was a pause on the other end. "I don't know how to do that without giving it away! Um... think of Mountain Dew. And Tic Tacs."

"Wow, great clue Michael," Jeremy said, rolling his eyes. "Wanna give me a better one?"

"Hmm... oh whoops, my finger slipped." Michael hung up.

Jeremy groaned, annoyed. Mountain Dew and Tic Tacs...

What the fuck did that mean?

He stared at the wall before it came to his head.

"Son of a bitch," he smiled.

  ***

Jeremy drove in his car, pulling up to his old high school.

He smiled before getting out, walking inside the building.

High school felt like it was a million years ago, even though he had only graduated a few months prior.

He walked down the hall and pushed open the door to the auditorium, where he saw Michael standing in the middle of the stage wearing incredibly fancy attire.

"Wow, Michael," he breathed. "You look great."

"Thanks," Michael said, blushing. "But not as good as you."

Jeremy's whole face went red. "Are we even allowed to be here?"

Michael shrugged. "Probably not. But I had something important to say to you."

Jeremy looked at him, dubious. "What is it?" He asked, stepping towards him.

Michael closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "I wanted to tell you that I love you."

Jeremy smiled. "I love you, too."

Michael shook his head. "I wanted to tell you just how much I love you as well," he said. "Jeremy, you're the bestest friend I've ever had, as well as the greatest boyfriend anyone could ask for. You care about me, you listen to me, you try to beat 'Apocalypse of the Damned' for me..."

Jeremy giggled a bit.

Michael got on one knee and Jeremy gasped.

"Jeremy Heere, would you be willing to be my Player One," he pulled a red box out of his pocket, opening it. "For the rest of our lives?"

Jeremy smiled at Michael.

"No."

Michael's face fell as he went to close the box.

"I would be more than willing!" Jeremy squealed.

"Shit Jeremy, you really scared me!"

"Sorry," he said, giggling.

Michael removed the ring from the box and slipped it on his new fiancé's finger.

He then pulled him into a kiss, and they stood there for a while, enjoying each other's company.

***

"Hey, soon-to-be stepbrother in-law," Michael smiled at Evan.

"Oh, h-hey, Michael."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. Jeremy giggled. "I repeat, hey, soon-to-be stepbrother in-law."

Evan looked at him, confused. Then his eyes widened. "Wait... are you-"

"We're getting married!" Jeremy squealed.

"Holy shit!" Evan exclaimed, pulling his stepbrother into a hug.

"Evan, did you just swear?" Jeremy laughed.

Evan pulled away, blushing. "M-maybe. I got excited. Sorry."

Jeremy and Michael both giggled before hugging him.

The three stood there in a group hug, giggling with absolute joy.