•Chapter 20•

Your eyes widen at his words.

A sharp breath is heard from behind you making your heart pound in your tight chest.

"I'm sorry Y/n..I've tried so hard to fight my feelings. I have been doing it for so long but I obviously can't control it. And I know how much you love someone else, and now that he's officially in your life you're probably going to love him even more.." he whispers looking down at his lap. His eyes then look up to wander yours.

You watch his eyes silently, noticing them drift of to behind you.

Your throats tightens as you keep your eyes on him.

"I know that you may not love me back, but that's okay..I just needed to say it before I left. To keep me sane.." he says, his voice breaking in the end.

"Noah..." you whisper, your voice hoarse.

"It's okay Y/n, you don't need to say anything. I'm glad that I've spent 3 years of my life with you. Seeing your confidence grow into something beautiful. You've made me see the better side of women and how not all of them will throw themselves at someone, how much a personality means to someone's person. And I thank you for that..for making the man I should be and not the one who would take women who already have their legs open" a slight smile falls onto your lips as you listen to his heartbreaking words.

Your heart aches as you look at his broken face. A frown being placed instead of smile or a smirk.

"Your man is waiting for you Y/n" he whispers looking straight into your eyes.

Your head slowly turns to behind you where you see Seàn standing there with two cups of coffee.

Noah gets up to walk away but you grab onto his hand before he was no longer in arms reach.

His eyes lock on your hand touching his.

You stand up your hand still on his, you walk in front of him making his breath hitch.

"Noah, I'm not leaving you ever...lover or friend I'm always going to be by your side." You say showing him a sad smile.

Your free hand reaches to his face and caresses his cheeks.

"You're right about me loving another man but it kills me to not do anything about us.." you whisper.

You wipe away a stray tear that falls down his cheek.

"You know that I'll love you no matter what.." you say before turning your head to look at Seán in the doorway.

He nodded at you getting your message through your glistening eyes.

"I'm not leaving now, and I'm not leaving ever" you whisper before closing the gap between the two of you.

Your lips gently press onto his, giving him the farewell kiss. Something that you never dreamed of doing but here you were kissing the man who had fell for you and you being oblivious had no idea as your eyes were always set on someone who you had 89% of a chance not meeting.

You feel him stiffen under your touch, but he relaxes as he kisses you back but not deeply making an unfamiliar feeling twang in your heart.

"I'm sorry Noah.." you whisper pulling away from his poisoning touch.

"Hey it's okay" he sadly smiles at you, this time his hand caressing your cheeks. You lean into his touch before your wrap your harms around his torso and hug him tightly. His arms gently hold you as you embrace him one last time in your home his head tucked into the craves of your neck.

"Oh and you can keep my car, it'll be a souvenir" he chuckles into your hair. Planting a kiss on your neck.

"I need to go now.." he whispers before leaving you standing there.

"Nice meeting you Jack" you hear him say.

"Same here bud" you hear Seàn, knowing that he had a smile on his face while he bid Noah away, seconds later you hear the door open and close.

"Y/n?" Seàn whispers. You stay still, your mind racing with thoughts left and right. Your heart now on your sleeves you felt almost empty.

You lost your best friend, the friend who loved you yet you couldn't say or do anything to stop him from going.

"Hey it's okay.." suddenly warm hands cup your face. Your eyes adjust to the sight in front of you. From being all blurred to being clear.

He uses his thumb to wipe away the tear that fell from your watering eyes.

"He's not gone forever Y/n" he whispers, reading your mind. Your mouth remains shut but your eyes speak for you.

You thank him silently by moving your arms around him and embracing him, clutching his shirt beneath your quivering hands.

"Here have this coffee, it's nice and hot" he smiles as you let go from his embrace.

You look at the previously held mug that was now placed on the table. He reached down and grabs both of the mugs of steaming coffee.

"Thanks" you whisper to him as you take the hot mug from his hands.

You bring it up to your face before blowing onto the boiling liquid and tanking a sip of it.

"That's really nice" you smile as you notice a grin fall onto Seàns lips.

"I made it" he chuckles; shrugging his shoulders like it was nothing.

You looked at him, raising your brow.

"Knowing just the way I like it?" You smirk at him as you take another sip.

"Okay, with the help of your sister" he admits with a lingering smile on his smile.

"Either way, it's fucking delicious" you say to him looking down into the cup and then into his eyes.

"Thanks Y/n" he whispers, you notice a hint of red creep onto his cheeks making your stomach swell with a familiar feeling.

Your shoulders relax as you watch him avoid your eyes as he knew that he was blushing.

"Hey, it's okay. You look cute" you giggle.

His eyes snap towards yours. Making his blush deepen.

"Okay shut up, or its only going to get worse" he quietly chuckles.

You beam a smile at his way making him return it just as big.