Chapter 138

The cold water shocks my skin while I dive under. My eyes open and I search the water for my love, she sits trapped in some fishing net and her flailing starts slowing down and her head drops. I swim up for air but stay only a few seconds before I start to rip at the fishing line, and soon I'm back up for more air. I rip at the last little bit of fishing line holding my arm around her waist so the current doesn't sweep her away. I pull and she's free, I swim towards the land surrounding the water. "Reese?" I lay her against the grass. "Reese?" I call again but I get no response. I start the mouth to mouth procedure, we've developed a crowd but I couldn't care less.

"We'll take it from here sir," a paramedic with a French accent nods, I don't wanna let her go, her poor wet body lay ice cold against the ground not a single sign of life. "Sir?" He questions while I turn throwing up. "Sir?" I fall to the ground next to her and I'm instructed to get on a gurney which I do. They bring us both to separate ambulances and I watch as hers drives away.

Poor Athena watched me dive under the boys were asleep in their strollers but Athena was admiring the scenery with me. She was tired too, and I almost had her asleep when Reese screamed. She fell over the railing, I should've been there with her but I wasn't. Some dude was walking closer to her hitting on her I suppose and she was trying to get away he got too close and she fell, she held the railing for a while. But she couldn't hold it any longer when I got to her, and she fell.

-

I brush my hands over her hair. I'm not supposed to be in her bed and I'm not supposed to have walked either but she's my best friend and my wife, she needed someone. "I have a boyfriend," she mumbles into my chest. "I'm married!" As almost yells and she sounds quite angry

"Yes darling," I mumble. "To me," I chuckle hugging her a little tighter. Still my hands brush through her hair she buries her head in my chest hugging me tightly gripping both of my shoulders from behind. She says nothing, she just hold me tightly.

"You're freezing," she mumbles hugging me tighter. My hands squeeze her sides. Making her smile, the nurses stand by the door watching us, they know I walked over and I got in trouble while she was still asleep. I fell asleep during the long ass ambulance ride and we woke up back in Canada, apparently we were airlifted because Reese had to get something done that I don't know about yet, Athena and the boys are here. Bless Gabriel who flew them out here when we left, he also brought her grandparents so I think they've been meeting the kids.

"So was the water," I roll my eyes as her own go wide. I saved a life today, they said if she'd spent any longer underwater she would've died and they wouldn't have been able to do anything.

"How would you know?" She still looks panicked as she moves her grip hugging me in a different way. Her arms now wrap around me, one of her hands holds my butt and the other one's higher.

"I jumped in after you," I smile giving her soft, sweet lips a quick light kiss just bouncing off of her lip.

"No you didn't Shawn, you didn't do that?" She pleads almost and I chuckle. Her watery eyes take my smile away and it turns into a look of great concern. She leans against my shoulder and I rub her back trying to soothe her as much as possible.

"Don't be mad," I kiss her temple. "Be happy, be grateful," she rolls her eyes at the comment.

"I'm beyond grateful for your existence," she kisses my neck. "I just really wish you hadn't jumped in." She sighs and I gasp. "What now?"

"You would rather die than let me save you?" I pout. "You would rather die than let me keep the promises I've made to you twice already?" She sighs opening her mouth but I cut her off. "I told you I'd always catch you," I lace our fingers together. "And I meant it."