Chapter 46

Right after moms show we left Australia, and she says she never wants to go back, she was so mad seeing dad and his new family there. She was even more mad than me and I was enraged. I didn't even wanna look at him, he'd lied to me, to us all for ten years and he never thought to tell anyone.

Moms going in to get a tattoo removed in a few hours. It's one she's explained to me many times, she got it when dad and her were together they were young and so were my older siblings. They thought mom was gonna die of leukaemia, that's when they decided they wanted to adopt.

"You guys wanna go to the hockey game tonight?" Mom looks at us with a piece of cloth over her arm where her tattoo is. "I already got it off." She explains to me. "I couldn't stand it."

"Mama," Camden James walks towards mom holding out his insulin pump.

"Alright baby I've got it," mom kisses his cheek and does whatever it is she does to him on that thing.

"I'll go to the hockey game." I shrug looking down at my phone.

"Really?" Mom gasps, she has the best seats possibly in the whole stadium and they're reserved for her year round. "What's the catch?" She crosses her arms while I chuckle.

"And she's smiling too?" Justin gasps a little.

"Can Dylan come?" I furrow my eyebrows and mom shrugs.

"I don't see why not?" She looks to Justin who shakes his head.

"Who'd of ever thought this is how our first date would go?" Justin kisses moms cheek. He asked her out earlier and she made it very clear that she want very keen on the idea of marriage, and she wasn't sure if she could handle it. He'd be able to move in and they'd be common law they just wouldn't be married probably for a long time, although I'm sure he's gonna try.

"No one," she shakes her head picking Camden James off of the floor. "Camden James," she gasps at him. After numerous tests doctors are starting to worry his body won't be able to develop much more than this so he'll forever be about three seven. "You're my baby you know that?" She kisses his cheek and he giggles.

"Mama stop it," he whines while she tickles him gently. "Mama," he gasps a few times while Justin grabs his inhaler. "Don't do that," he giggles hugging her.

"Alright baby go get your jersey," she points and he nods running off quickly. "Angelina?" she sits herself next to me. "I'm really sorry about what happened with your dad." He'd tried to come to our hotel and he even went to moms fashion show but she didn't want to talk to him, ad quite frankly neither did I. he spent ten years lying to us saying he was gonna come back but he never did and now he's gone with his new family which he managed to keep secret from us for far too long.

"I'm sorry too," I sigh, I've never had to make a confession especially to my mom. "I thought he was gonna come home." I sniff.

"So did I baby," she kisses my cheek.

-

"I didn't know you were a hockey fan Ms. Matthews." Dylan smiles at mom.

"Yeah, for a while now," she smiles at him while CJ and Justin return with some food and drinks. "Hi baby," mom smiles bringing the little boy into her lap.

"Hi mama," he giggles. "Dylan," he squeals as he notices him. Dylan met us here but CJ was with Justin most of the time and he hadn't seen him yet. CJ loves Dylan, he loves the whole Idea of us being together.

"CJ," he smiles back lifting him into his arms. "How are you?" He smiles.

"I'm good, how are you?" He has a little baby voice and I just love hearing him speak.

"I'm great," he smiles setting the child back on the ground while he waddles toward mom and Justin.

"I saw my dad," I mumble.

"And you didn't tell me," he gasps giving me a gentile shove only to tease me but he stops as soon as I don't shove him back. "What happened?"

"He's nothing like how I remember him being." I shake my head hurrying my face in his shoulder.

"Well it's been a long time baby, and people change." He kisses my forehead and gives me a tight hug. "But I'm really sorry about how things ended between you two." He gives me a gentile pout.

"I just thought I might finally be able to have my real dad back in my life, and maybe my mom back too." I sigh looking down. I've rebelled for years now hopping I could get my mom to turn away from alcohol and self harm. She makes one cut a day on her hips, on her arms and legs just about anywhere really. She makes them everyday dad doesn't come home, she feels responsible and she always has.

"Hey, it's his loss if he doesn't wanna be with you, he's missing out on one hell of a girl." He smiles at me. "I promise I'm not gonna hurt you like that." He know promises do mean much to me anymore but he still makes them every single day, and then he keeps them to try and show me that not everyone brakes promises and that promises mean something to most people.

"I know," I nod on his shoulder. "I love you for it," I kiss his neck.

"Angelina," he gasps a little. "In front of all of these people too?" I giggle kissing his cheek.

"You're the reason I can be happy." I sigh of content.

"What about me?" CJ furrows his eyebrows. He's usually really good at eavesdropping but I tell him all of the time he's the reason I can be happy.

"You too," I giggle bringing him onto my lap. "And believe it or not mama and Justin make me happy too." CJ is convinced that Justin is his dad but not mine. Justin's all he's ever known and mom never really expected anything different.

"Really?" Mom gasps a little and I face palm myself. "I know I wasn't supposed to hear that Angelina but you don't know how much those words mean to me." She plants a kiss on my cheek. "I know I probably drive your dad away and I am really, really sorry." She sits in the seat where CJ was while he walks towards Justin. "I remember so clearly the day he left and never came back, he picked Justin up from the airport. You were so happy he was finally home, he held you tightly and he didn't put you down. The others came and left after saying hi but you stayed in his arms. I can almost picture him when he put you down and belt in front of you, he kissed you and told you how much he loved you handed you his chain and gave me his ring then he left. He never came back, you waited for so long for his promises to be kept and I waited with you for a while. All he really did was let us down.