Chapter 12

"Mercy?" Dad questions as I stand watching mom sleep.

"Yeah? I swear I was just," he stops me with a gentile laugh.

"You want to come with me? Lauren's more likely to leave me if I bring a kid." He kisses my forehead and hugs me as I go teary eyed. "Your moms gonna be ok, and I'm gonna get out of my fake marriage and I'm gonna go back to your mom." He reassures staring gently with me. Angie doesn't ever leave her room and nurses are ok with that, sometimes for the patients that are learning how to walk again and things like that they call Angie and she goes to motivate them.

"I'm sorry daddy," I whisper keeping my head on his shoulder. "I-I really am." He hushed me slowly as we rock gently back and forth.

"It's alright Mercy," he whispers. "It's really my fault," he starts leading me out of the building.

"How'd you come up with Merciful?" I question. It had always haunted me in the back of my mind. Kaiden and Adam get normal names but mine and Jericho's are different and it's weird.

"It's the meaning your mom fell in love with," he explains. "It means to give relief of something unpleasant," he explains squeezing my shoulders. "We needed some Mercy in our lives." He laughs a little and I hit his arm slightly.

"It's still my name," I huff and he laughs. I whine again and he tries to hide his laughter.

"Weren't you just complaining about it?" He furrows his eyebrows and I scoff walking farther ahead. "Mercy," he follows seeming a little annoyed he kisses my cheek and hugs me gently. "I'm sorry," he chuckles.

"Mhm," I huff crossing my arms as he leads me to the car. "Where do you guys live anyways?"

"Aurora," he mumbles looking a little ashamed. "It's a rich place, full of big houses and what not." He explains again seeming kinda upset.

"What's wrong?" I grab onto his hand.

"It's where I wanted to move so long ago with your mom, she just never wanted to come with me." He nods slowly as if to see if I'm following. "So Lauren bought the house that is always wanted to move into with your mom."

"So you feel guilty?" He nods a little as we near the new city.

"Yeah, but the house is under my name so we can spend the weekends here when we divorce." He smiles pulling into his driveway.

"How do you know you'll get the house?" I furrow my eyebrows and he laughs.

"After the divorce she won't be able to pay it off," he smirks at me before he gets out. She makes her way out and towards him while I gather my things.

"I was starting to wonder if you'd ever come home," she starts seeing the cameras that are following him. Mom and dad have a tv show and it's been going on since we were young. So cameras are always following mom and sometimes they'll follow dad. Dad had allowed them one night into the house where they set up a bunch of cameras and what not so they didn't have to always be there to see what's happening.

"Well I wasn't going to," he explains opening my door for me after noticing my struggle.

"I can do it myself dad, I just didn't wanna hit you," I scoff and he rolls his eyes a little.

"Lauren you remember Mercy don't you?" Dad smiles.

"You don't have to stay John something bass gonna happen in a minute, I can feel it," I whisper as they walk inside. He nods at me walking off knowing the whole house had cameras and microphones and what ever else they'd need.

"I was starting to think you ran away," he chuckles at me. I shake my head and sit next to him on the couch laying my legs over his.

"Mercy," Lauren fakes a smile thinking the camera was still around. "A word?" She looks around the room seeing no camera and dragging me to their kitchen.

"Ow," I scoff a little looking at me wrist.

"Good, now if you get in my way again it be worse," she growls I simply nod giving her a fake smile as I watch her sit on dads lap, or attempt it at least. He shifts and waves me over making her go red of embarrassment. He cradled me like a baby.

"Dad," I whine trying to squirm out of his arms. He tickles my side making me squirm more and kick a little.

"Shawn," Lauren pushes me a little. "That's dangerous someone could get hurt," she gives me a gentile shove and I fall to the ground.

"Don't disrespect my daughter like that, she's going through a lot and it's your fault. I'm not gonna sit here and watch this happen," he offers me his hand and I take it while he pulls me up. "Come on Mercy you'll stay with me tonight," he leads me up the stairs. "Lauren can take the spare room, she doesn't mind. Do you babe?" He rolls his eyes a little. She opens her mouth but he cuts her off. "That's what I thought," he nods leading me to his room.

"What am I supposed to wear? And where do you want me to sleep?" I furrow my eyebrows and he chuckles.

"You can wear this," he throws me a shirt. "And you can sleep in here with me if you want?" He furrows his eyebrows.