Chapter 24

One year later

"Now you guys are leaving me too?" Mommy goes down the line hugging Jericho first then Kaiden and then Mercy. They're going to university by Adam. "You have to promise me you'll call as soon as you land?" She points. "And you'll visit us for Christmas and thanksgiving and during the summer." She points at them.

"We will mom," they nod with small smiles. Mommy and daddy are letting them take their plane because they don't want them to deal with the price of a regular plane.

"Bye Angie," Mercy kneels down opening her arms. I waddle into them giving her a hug.

"I still don't get it, but I hope you have fun." I smile at her. They tried explaining it to me last night but it just doesn't make any sense.

"Thank you baby," she mumbles kissing my cheek and standing up. I then do the same with Kaiden and Jericho.

"Alright Angie," mommy lifts me up. "We should let them get to the plane," she gives them each a kiss. "I'm sorry your dad couldn't be here," she runs her hand up and down Kaiden's arm. They shrug but I know Mercy's upset. "Goodbye," she kisses their cheeks again and then she steps back.

"You have to come home for mommy and daddy's wedding." I point, they told me they might get married so when they do they have to be at home. They can't miss that mommy would cry more.

"We will," they nod laughing a little while they wave and walk off.

"That's gonna be you someday," mommy whispers to me.

"For now I get to hang out with my mommy," I giggle giving her a hug.

"I love you," she smiles making me giggle.

"I love you," I repeat while we walk to the car.

-

"You were supposed to be there," she looks angry while we walk into the house and daddy sits on the couch.

"I talked to them." He shrugs a little.

"They're going to university Shawn, you nor I went. We don't know what it's like but they're going to and you couldn't show up to support them?" She sets me down telling me to go find uncle Nathan. I knock on his door a few times.

"Uncle Nathan," I call a little shyly.

"Come in sweet pea," i open the door and uncle Nathan lays in bed.

"Did I wake you up?" I gasp. "I'm really sorry I didn't mean to," he giggles lifting me onto the bed and cuddling me.

"I wasn't asleep Angie." He reassures bringing me into his arms. "But I am tired." He chuckles a little before yawning.

"I'll cuddle with you," I smile doing my best to wrap my arms around him.

"Your mommy says you're the best at cuddling." He giggles at me. "Is that true?" He furrows his eyebrows and I giggle.

"I don't know?" I shrug a little. "Daddy tells me that too sometimes." I giggle.

"Don't cry," I hear daddy whisper.

"They're all gone," she sniffs.

"I'll be right back," I nod at uncle Nathan blinking off of his bed to go and see my mommy and daddy.

"All my babies are leaving me."

"I'm not leaving you yet mommy," I squeeze her leg. 

"No you're not," she kneels down to my height giving me a kiss. "You're the only one I have left," she gives me a little squeeze. "Daddy's leaving me too," she mumbles. Justin left for his new album and the tour but he'll be back again eventually.

"Daddy," I shake my head at him making mommy laugh.

"It's ok, I'm gonna leave him too." Mommy says making daddy's face go all pale and his mouth fall open.

"Why are you leaving me darling, I'll cancel it, I swear I'll cancel it just don't leave me?" He kneels behind mommy kissing her cheeks and hugging her from behind.

"I'm not leaving you, I'm just going away," she explains.

"Well why are you going away darling, Becky didn't tell me about a fashion show?" Mommy giggles a little at him.

"It's not just a fashion show." She shakes her head. "It's the biggest show of my career." She exclaims with much excitement while she squeezes me.

"Well what is it then?" Daddy laughs a little while mommy lets me go and stands up holding onto his shirt.

"They want me, to represent Canada in the Ms. Universe Pageant." I close my eyes while they kiss.

"Baby doll," I look at her again in slight confusion. "That's amazing!" He smiles squeezing mommy in a hug.

"Who's Ms. Universe?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"It's gonna be your mommy," daddy rolls his eyes a little.

"Ms. Universe is like one of my fashion shows but people from all over the world get to walk with different outfits."

"Ok," I nod simply.

"This is huge," daddy hugs her again kissing her cheek.

"I'm proud of you mommy."