Chapter 91

I wake up from an eight and a half month coma came back to my girlfriend and kids. That in itself seemed to be an amazing gift to me, but the universe made it better, my baby girl was born today. Reese went through a two hour labour experiencing only slight pain, Athena's birth lasted a total of ten minutes and we were on our way home within three hours of our hospital arrival. She's been on and off the phone telling people about our daughters arrival and how she's in good health. She's small and has been diagnosed with a muscle development disorder, she won't grow very much.

The kids are at home with their babysitter and her friend. The older kids don't mind her and they usually stay in their rooms, she's really just there for the younger ones. She got a surprise today with Athena. "I don't get to kiss you at home." I smile kissing her lips. Even if I've only been home a few hours the kids freak out every time I so much as touch her. If I touched her hand CJ yells and Angelina pulls us apart. I only really got to see her at night.

"You won't for a while," she smiles while our lips stay attached. I couldn't possibly move, not after what we've been through. She told me at night doctors used to tie my hands down and she'd beg them to let her on the bed with me but they'd all say no. She says every night someone would pick up the kids and she'd lay with me telling me about her day and the progress she'd made during her pregnancy. She told me I was in a strange type of coma. I was completely able to move when I was at around three weeks into the coma. I'd kick and I'd punch, but I was completely calm when she laid with me. She said she'd take my hand and place it against her stomach and let me feel the movement of our baby.

"You're beautiful." I smile, she sits on my knee like when we were teenagers. I've decided after that 'dream' I had to live through I'm making it my mission to give Reese all of the opportunity she can have to be the teenager she's always wanted to be.

"I'm tired," she whispers leaning her head against mine. "But I'll stay awake." She kissed my temple continuously.

"I've got a mild headache." I was told it would be normal for me to experience headaches and pain and what not because of the trauma I experienced.

"I'm gonna treat you when we get home," she smiles meaning she'd give me some form of massage. She's very good with her hands and I'm assuming doctors taught her considering when I was waiting to be released there were three or four doctors around to massage the different parts of my body.

"I can't wait," I smile kissing her lips gently while she gives me some pain killers. She wears designer pants and one of my dress shirts. She has a stylist now that send her pictures in the mornings of the outfit combinations she should wear if she's going out.

"You're gonna have to," she teases holding her hands on either side of my head. "You're too cute." She gives a sigh leaning her forehead against mine.

Most guys would wake up and get sex as if it were a gift, but I woke up to something much better. I saw my beautiful girlfriend sitting in front of me with the widest smile on her face, I saw the excitement of my children when they climbed into my bed to give me hugs. And then at night when I got to put my kids to sleep I laid with my love her forehead against mine while she held my shoulder tightly squeezing them enough to hurt someone but doing it completely out of love. She cried mumbling things about how she thought I was dead, every single time she got herself down I'd whisper that I loved her giving her a gentile kiss choosing to ignore the "dream" I was stuck in.

"Wine?" I smile carefully selecting the type for my lover at her nod. "Here," I smile giving her the one I know she'll enjoy.

"My favourite." She giggles leaning against my shoulder. "You know, our next wedding should be the same." She swirls the bubbly beverage in the cup. "The first one was so beautiful." She plants a kiss right on my collar bone.

"It was," I nod squeezing her hand. "Adam could be the ring barer again, and Aaliyah could carry the flowers." I kiss her soft forehead. We've excluded ourselves from the group, they're talking about the economy and current events but we're stuck in the now, just enjoying each other's company. Reese has an important meeting tomorrow so I'll be alone with the kids and she wants to spend time with me.

"The others could walk down the isle with their sibling. Kaiden could take Athena," she knows already Mercy would want to walk with Jericho. The triplets are all very close but there's something about Mercy and Jericho that's different about the others.

"Come here," the others call with a groan. "Don't be so anti social." Her eyes roll while she stands taking me with her we walk off and towards the group sitting at a large table we'd had set up. "Now," Jeff smiles at me. "A toast for the revival of our friend," he holds his glass and everyone else hits theirs together.

"Thank you,"Reese smiles st them and then me kissing my cheek. She holds my hand tightly just telling me she loves me through the grip. Just like how CJ holds you in place so you'll never leave him, or how Angelina lays on your lap and holds you with a death grip. They just don't ever want you to leave.

"So the big games tomorrow," Ian starts and they all cheer. Reese sighs at my confusion. I've been out so long I'm not sure what they're talking about. "The hockey game?" He coughs awkwardly.

"I don't know," I shrug looking down as does Reese.

"Come on baby you love hockey," she kisses my cheek in the awkward silence.

"I do, but I don't know what's happening." Her left hand grabs my arm squeezing it protectively.

"I'll help you figure it out," she nods. Reese knows nothing about hockey at all. The whole concept confuses her and she doesn't understand how points work. It's all pretty straight forward but she can't understand anybody having the will to hit a flattened ball with a stick.

"Thank you," I kiss her temple while they change the subject.

"So Athena?" Geoff wiggles his eyebrows at us and she giggles looking at me.

"I'm so happy she's here." I hush thinking about her and the babysitter. "I hope they're behaving," she stares at the phone the lovely family portrait we have.

"I'm sure they are darling." I reassure while she kisses my bicep.

"Anything new and exciting going on?" They all look at me like I would've already planned my whole life again.

"Just recovery," I shrug laying my head above Reese's. "I've got a lot of appointments."

"Well we all hope you're better soon,"