Chapter 78

A/N

Sad chapter you've been warned.

"What's her name again?" I sniff looking at Justin.

"Athena," he smiles at the little girl. "Reese picked it," he stares at the sleeping body of his wife while we pray that's all it is. Doctors scramble attaching her to tubes and giving her shots because Athena's labour brought her so much pain, they're almost certain she will die due to the difficulty during her child labour.

"It's beautiful," I smile back. She'd been telling us that if she can't make it out she wants the both of us to be a part of her children's lives and that she'd watch over everything happening. 

"She'll be our baby girl, together?" He holds his hand out for me to shake as if to say we were making a deal.

"Together," I nod.

"Hello boys," she smiles looking around her room. All of the girls went to get coffee and such for our long wait plus the kids were getting restless.

"Hi baby," Justin smiles at her laying Athena on her lap.

"Hello baby girl," she smiles. "Are we the only two?" She giggles.

"They'll be back soon," I reassure sitting next to her on the bed.

"It's ok, I'm glad they got out and I'd rather you go too, I'll be fine." She reassures.

"But we wanna stay with you darling, we just need to be here just in case." Justin kisses her forehead.

"Ok," she nods slowly raising her bed so she could sit and play with Athena. "I don't think you'll see much more of me baby girl," she whispers to the child.

"You have a chance," I kiss her cheek. Justin's been ignoring the constant affection I try to show her because of the current situation.

"It's not very likely." She whispers to me while giving her daughter a kiss.

"But we can dream, and hope and pray for the best." Justin whispers to her. "God will do with you what he thinks is best." Their lips meet leaving me out slightly. If I weren't such an idiot all of the time it would be me she's kissing instead of him. Justin and I are friends and I am happy for him, he got a real prize but I just barely lost it.

"Would you kill me if I?" I turn to Justin who shakes his head lifting the child up but turning to watch me. I plant a sweet kiss against her lips and she softly kisses me back slowly pulling away and falling onto the bed. "I'm still completely in love with you," I whisper laying my head back on the pillows while Justin hands me Athena. We've planned on moving in together and parenting Athena together in my Aurora house. The other one is going to Jericho and Lindsay because they were the first of the kids to say they wanted it. Justin nor I think we could handle living in that house and even living in my house is hard.

"Your lips are soft," she melts into my arms.

"And mine aren't," Justin teases rolling his eyes playfully trying to lessen the tension.

"They are but I feel them every day, I haven't felt Shawn's in a while." She lays her head against my chest. "And Shawn's lips have been softer longer than yours." She mumbles. "Justin?" Her voice is quiet and almost sad sounding.

"Yes baby?" He sits next to her with Athena on his lap.

"Can you cuddle with us?" She whispers while his arm wraps around her.

"Sure," he nods while the girls walk back in.

"We're back mama," they smile huddling around her.

"I wanna cuddle too," CJ climbs onto the bed and into his mothers arms.

"Don't you think Athena's cute?" She kisses his forehead laying against the bed.

"Yeah," he nods cuddling his mom as much as possible. She whispers a few things to him. "I know," he sighs back.

"I love you all," she smiles at us kissing CJ then Athena then Justin but not making it to me. "I'm sorry," she whispers. I plant a kiss against her cheek.

"I promise I will never stop loving you," I keep my lips against her cheek while I let tears fall down my cheeks. I can almost see every important moment of our relationship playing like a movie before my eyes. "Even when we argue, even when disagree, even if I'm mad at you for whatever reason, I will still and always will love you." I can feel her smile. "You're the reason I smile."

"I love you too," she whispers before her eyes shut. "But you gave me my smile first."

"I gave you the worst life anyone could ever have and I'm sorry." I lick my dry lips after pulling away from her.

"You gave me a family, and you Justin, you gave me love, and the rest of you gave me reasons to live." She whispers as the heart monitor she's connected to slows down. "And Ian you gave me a home and I don't know where you are now but thank you for everything you've done for me."

"Mama," Mercy starts grabbing her hand. She left work, she left work in the middle of court so she could come see her mom. "Guess what?"

"What darling?" She smiles a little as the heart monitor slows down more letting out a weird noise alerting nurses.

"I love you," she smiles while the others start too.

"I love you too," she smiles. "Angelina," she whispers. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise."

"I'll be fine mama," she sighs.

"I love," there's a loud beep and her smile turns into a frown.

"I love you too." Everyone sighs looking at her Ian and her family sobs but I sit in pure shock. She died in my arms, her cold lifeless body lay still in my embrace buried in my chest.

"CJ?" I look at the little boy buried in the once warm embrace of his mother.

"What happened to mama?" He sniffs staying just like he's been this whole time.

"Mama had to go," I explains carefully.

"And mama can't come back," Justin adds.

"Then who's gonna be my mama?" He huffs.

"I can be like your mama?" I give him a little shrug.

"Will you carry me, and cuddle me and hug me lots?" He looks up slowly. "Will you tickle me until I can't breath and then laugh too? Will take me to the school I want to go to everyday after lunch and play with me in the park?"

"I'll do anything you want CJ." I kiss his head.

"Will you bring my mama back?"