Shattered- Chapter fifty four

Jessie's POV

I sniffled as I wiped my eyes. Why am I even watching this show? I hate this show. But he loves it. And I love him.

Did he beat Justin up? Did I make him act like that? Was his aggression my fault? Because I wouldn't take home back?

And the song. He wrote that just for me? I wanted to take him back at that very moment but I couldn't. What if he hurt me again? Why does everyone I love leave me? Am I cursed? I'm so flicking angry. I just wanted to break something.

I picked up one of my bedside lamps but sighed and just rested it back down.

My phone rang next to me and Rose's name flashed across the screen. Curiousity got the better of me and I swiped my finger across the phone.

I bit my lip and waited for her to speak, "Jessie? Oh Jessie."

She sounded like she was crying, she probably was, considering she sobbed through the phone, "Jessie, Andrew's been in an accident. He's in the hospital and..." she paused to sniffle, "...and he's in a coma. I'm sure he'd love it if you visit him. Just...think about it."

She hung up and I stared at the phone for like a full ten minutes just to make sure I wasn't imagining this. Andrew was in an accident. This was all my fault. If I had just taken him back.

Why would I even visit? I'm not his girlfriend anymore. We don't share that kind of thing anymore. Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need him. Of course I needed him...I fucking love him.

But I can't face him. I can't bare to see his battered condition...I love him too much. But I knew he wanted me to be there.

I switched my pajama pants put for a jeans and I took off jersey Andrew left here, and put on a normal plain blue v-neck.

"Mom I'm going out!"

She was probably already sleeping which was a plus anyways. The hospital was close to my home do I just walked. And by walked I mean sprinted.

My legs aren't taking me fast enough. I finally arrived and I ran up to the entrance and went up to the receptionist, "Hi, night night. Um which room is Andrew Jones staying in?"

"Visiting hours will be over in a few minutes."

"Exactly...in a few minutes," I didn't want to talk, I didn't want my voice to crack, I didn't want to show weakness. But...this is Andrew we're talking about.

She told me he was in room eighteen and I thanked her. I barged into the room, my eyes settling on the blonde boy with an IV stand attached to him. Tears welled up in my eyes and Rose looked over at me, "I didn't think you'd come."

I nodded smiling and and she sat at the chair with Andrew a while longer before getting up and giving me a hug. She smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door.

I looked at him from where I stood. Bandages covered his face and his hands were bruised.

All my fault. If I wasn't so selfish.

I slowly made my way over to him and took a seat. I remember the last time I had done this. I quickly push the memory away and looked at my...ex?

I took his hand in mine and sobbed. "This is my fault," I whispered. "You know I still love you. I'm just afraid I'll get hurt again." I hiccupped and I felt his grip on my hand tighten but loosen almost instantly.

"Andrew, when you wake up...come back to me."

I felt a tear run down my cheek and I quickly wipe it off.

I look to the door when I hear it open, "Miss, visiting hours are over."

I nodded and looked back to the boy I love, "Bye, Andrew."

I placed a kiss in his cheek and I felt him hold onto my hand. I looked at him but his hand fell back down, detaching itself from my arm. He squirmed a bit and as I was about to open the door, I heard him mumble, "No Jessie, don't leave me."

I sobbed and looked at him, his eyes still closed, "I'm sorry...I love you."