Shattered- Chapter thirty two

Andrew's POV

I got up and paced her room. She woke up a little after, as I raked my hand through my hair and sighed. I ran my hands over my face and Jessie paused the show that was playing in the background.

"Are you okay?"

I removed my hands from my face and tears threatened to escape. I couldn't loose her. All because of some bad choice. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, "Andrew you can tell me, you know that right?"

"No Jessie, I can't." She sat there picking at her nails, while I paced back and forth through out her room.

"I love you, you know that?" She averted her attention to me and nodded slowly not fully comprehending where I was taking this.

"And I'll never do anything to purposely hurt you. You know that right?"

"Andrew what's going on?" My phone went off on the table just as tear slid down my cheek.

She was about to pick it up and give it to me but I stopped her, "Leave it."

"Okay."

"Jessie promise you'll never leave me."

She sat on the edge of her bed but I was still standing, my back facing her. "What if like, you do something really dumb, like cheat on me. Does that apply to this or...."

I spun around so fast I could have sworn my neck was going to break. "What?"

"You told me to promise to never leave you but what if you cheat on me? I'd have to leave you."

I eyed her carefully, "Why would you say something like that?"

She laughed at her own words, "I'm kidding. I know you'll never do such a thing so...I promise."

My heart almost stopped beating. She had so much trust in me and I just threw it away. I felt guilty for making her promise something like that but I just couldn't stand to loose her.

Because I played it cool when really I was scared of letting go.

I forced a smile and it probably didn't even look convincing but she smiled back anyways. "It's late. You should go."

"Can I stay with you?"

She blushed and looked down at her shoes, "Yeah you could."

I texted my mom and she said I could stay. I walked over to her and put my hands on her waist.

She put her hands over mine, "What's up with you today? You've been so moody. Are you PMS-ing?"

She laughed and I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her.

I leaned I to kiss her but she pulled away laughing. "Why do you even bother? I don't love you."

"What?"

I know she didn't love me but she didn't have to be so rude and upfront about it.

"I said I can't kiss you because I need to use the washroom." She smiled, "What do you think I said?"

I shook my head, not saying anything. She locked the door behind her and I sighed throwing myself on her bed.

Was I hearing things? Am I going crazy? It's only been a few hours and I feel like I'm slowly dying. I can't keep this from her much longer but I have too. I know she'll leave me.

Why did I kiss Hailey in the first place?

"I'm back!"

She threw herself on top of me and the wind was knocked out of me.

I laughed as she placed a light kiss at the tip of my nose. I laughed, "I love your quirkyness." That's why I'll miss it so much.

I need to spend as much time as I can with her. Plus I feel like if I'm not around her, Hailey will tell her when I'm not there.

She played with my hair as she took it between her fingers and started twirling it around them.

I studied her face and smiled because she was beautiful and mine...well not for long. She buried her face in the crook of my neck and asked, "What?"

"What? I can't look at my beautiful girlfriend?"

I raised my eyebrows playfully and she rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah whatever."

                                                                 ●●●

During school, I refused to let her out of my sight. As possessive as it sounds, I just don't want her to find out from Hailey...or at all. I should be the one to tell her, even if I choose not too. But she deserved to know. I can't keep this from her forever...could I?

The only time we separated was when we had different classes.

I felt unsafe with her being in a class with Hailey, while I'm not there but she didn't seem to tell her anything as Jessie was still with me, happy and unfortunately, clueless.

I walked to our usual lunch table, Jessie next to me with my arm slung over her shoulder.

We took a seat and Zack, Amanda and Hailey were there. Hopefully she doesn't say anything.

"Hey Jess." Hailey smiled at her then looked over to me.

"Hey." Hailey was about to say something else but Amanda's voice cut her off.

"Oh my gosh I need a photo of this!"

She pulled out her phone and snapped a photo of Jessie and I, with my arm around her and her head on my shoulder. Jessie rolled her eyes but smiled anyways.

Zack rolled his eyes and I felt bad for him. But she'll be single soon so...

"Cute." She showed Hailey next to her then Jessie and I and Hailey smiled looking at me.

"Yeah. Real cute. So how is your relationship going?"

I put on a fake smile, "Real good."

She picked at her nails, "Oh. That's nice to hear. It'll be a shame if it was to end though."

Jessie laughed beside me, "Why would it end?"

Hailey shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe he's he's a bad kisser or something. I don't think he was a bad kisser though." She put her chin between her thumb and index finger as if thinking about something, "But then again, I can't remeber the last time I kissed him."

I sent daggers her way and she just smiled at me. Jessie looked at me and I shrugged. Luckily, she just smiled it off and continued eating her fries.

I want to pull her aside and talk to her but Jessie might get suspicious so I decide to leave it alone.

Hailey speaks up again and her words send a knife through my heart, "Oh wait. Lucky for you Jessie...I do remember."