Shattered- Chapter ten

I couldn't believe I was doing this.

He put a price on my virginity.

He put me in a fake relationship.

And yet here I was, standing in front of the cinema waiting.

Tears pricked my eyes as I watched a boy walk up to his girlfriend with a rose as he placed a kiss on her cheek. Such a happy couple.

Why can't I have that? Instead I have drama in my life. Why does everything always happen to me? It's like I've been cursed, destined to have a bad life. Or maybe this is just the plot to my story which, hopefully, has a good ending. Either way...I don't the the start.

My thoughts were suddenly broken by his voice.

I wiped my tears with the ends of my sweater and turned around only to see him holding a rose. I rolled my eyes and looked up to prevent the tears from falling.

Really?

He held the flower out for me to take and it took every bone in my body not to smile. Why would I smile though? He hurt me. I walked past him, leaving him there with the flower in his hand. He caught up to me and slowly and slyly slid his hand into mine.

It was like a puzzle piece. A perfect fit. My hand felt like it was made for his. Though I liked it, I pulled my hand out of his and walked faster in front of him, not bothering to look back at him.

He tried talking to me a few times but I shrugged him off. We waited in the line for food in silence until he said, "You look nice."

I ignored him and continued picking at my nails. Why am I here? I'm such an idiot. But it would seem rude to just leave while he's here but then again he has hurt me worse.

He stared at me in content, waitung for me to replt to him but when he realised I wasn't going to say anything he sighed.

"I know I let you down. You know I try but I don't do to well with apologies. So let me redeem myself tonight. Because I just need one more shot at forgiveness. Is it to late to say sorry?"

What he said made me giddy. He said the perfect thing. He always knew what to say. But he hurt me. I don't even know why I'm here with him.

After a few minutes I spoke. But I'm sure what I said didn't make him happy at all.

"I invited Hailey and Amanda."

I bit my lip and awaited his answer but he never spoke. His expression turned hard and I looked away from him, focusing on my bitten nails. I really need to stop...it's a bad habit.

I waited until we were at the front of the line and we ordered. Even when we got our popcorn and drinks he still hadn't spoken. So this is how he feels when I ignore him? I didn't like the feeling.

I sighed and held his hand giving it a little squeeze.

"I forgive you, you know."

I couldn't stay at him anymore. And I didn't like knowing that he thought I was mad at him. I really enjoyed his company and I didn't want to loose him...as a friend. We're just friends.

Andrew looked at me and I smiled. "I know I stood you up. And I'm sorry too."

We walked to the man who does the thing with the thing...I honesty didn't know what he was called. Long story short, he was the ticket guy.

He told us the screen number and we went. Andrew wanted to sit and the very back. Not knowing what movie we were watching I looked at the ticket. I nearly died when I saw 'The Excorsist'. I hated horror movies and he knew that. I had nightmares for months. I'm such a paranoid person.