Shattered- Chapter twenty eight

I wake up to the sound of a soothing and calming voice saying my name. "Jess."

He nodged at my shoulder lightly and I groaned, sitting up.

I rubbed my eyes, "What time is it?

He checked his phone, "About six thirty."

"Shoot! I have to be home in like thirty minutes."

"We should go then." I nodded in agreement and we folded the blanket and put it in the car along with the basket.

The car fills with our laughter and he suddenly arrives at my house. He walks me to my door, "I had a great time today."

I smile at him, "Me too. Thanks...for today."

"No problem."

We stand there akward until I reach up and place a light kiss on his cheek. I bid him goodbye and head up to my room.

What are we? Are we still friends? Are we more than friends? I needed to know.

●●●

So here I was, cramming for a biology test which was last period.

"You're not going to learn anything if you just cram you know."

"I know that Zack. This is your fault. I was fine being happy but then boom, you drop a test bomb on me."

"Sorry?" He laughs and I grumble at him.

"Did you study?"

"No," he shrugs.

"Why not?"

"I don't study."

"But you studied for the home ec test."

"Because I was with you."

I clicked my tongue on the roof of my gum and cleared my throat. "I should get back to studying."

I groaned well the bell rang, indicating the end of lunch. The day passed by fast and soon enough the test was here. I sat in my usual seat and Zack sat next to me.

"You will have one hour to complete this test. Anyone caught cheating will have their test ripped up and you'll get zero."

"Like a hero!" Someone else yelled in class causing everyone to laugh.

Somone else said, "I'm already getting zero, so you can rip mine."

Everyone laughed except me though. I was to busy trying to remeber what I had learned. During the test Zack kept trying to get answers from me.

"Pst."

I ignored him, trying to concentrate, "Pst."

I rolled my eyes and yelled at him in a whispering tone, "What?"

"What did you get for number one?"

"Are you kidding me? We've had this paper for like half an hour now and you're still on number one?"

"Yeah. So? "

"Just shade random circles and hope for the best."

He rolled his eyes but complied anyways.

After sir had collected the papers he corrected them and started to hand them back out. How did he correct that so fast? But then again, all he had to do was look at an answer sheet and see if A, B, C or D was correct.

I tried to hold on my laughter when Zack kept trying to convince sir to keep his test paper as a souvenir. He shoved the paper in Zack's hands and his smile was bright as he looked at him mark.