Shattered- Chapter thirty one

3 weeks later

Andrew's POV

As I was walking to my car, I heard a girl crying. I knew that cry all too well. I've caused that cry so many times. It was like a sound which could never escape my mind.

I've been really bad to her. I treated her worst than everyone else. I couldn't even belive I lied to Jessie...I didn't get Hailey pregnant...it was somebody else. I only used Hailey to make Jessie jealous because she was spending too much time with Zack.

I walked over to the concrete bench where Hailey was seated. "Are you okay?"

She wiped her eyes and sniffled, mascara messing up her face. "Yeah I'm totally fine. That's why I'm crying."

I rolled my eyes but took a seat next to her making sure not to sit to close. "No one cares about me."

She sobbed and I reluctantly stretched my hand out and patted her back twice before retracting it. I honestly didn't know what to do in this situation. I don't deal with crying girls well.

"People care about you. You just reject it. You stopped hanging out with us...that was your choice. I mean, even Jessie's sorry for the way she treat-"

My 'pep talk' was cut short by her humourless laugh, "Jessie? Yeah, stick up for your girlfriend." She rolled her eyes and I started to get up from where I was seated.

"Fine fine I'm sorry."

Although I knew she wasn't sorry as her voice held no remorse, I sat back down. I absent mindedly drummed my fingers against my thigh as silence surrounded us.

"I should go. Get well soon? I guess."

I was about to get up but her words shocked me, "Do you care about me?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?"

"You heard me."

If I say no, that'll be mean especially since she's already crying. But if I say yes she might get the wrong impression. "I don't know."

She was sitting a little closer to me but every time I scooted away from her she came closer. I was at the end of the bench now and I didn't want to seem rude and stand up. So I stayed seated...close to her. "What do you mean you don't know?"

Her hot and minty breath fanned my face. I tried to subtly pull my head backwards from her but I felt like my head was overweight as I nearly fell. So I gave up, my actions futile. "Either yes or no?"

"I said I don't know." I looked everywhere else except her.

"So no?"

She leaned in and I abruptly stood up. Unfortunately she also stood up and backed me up against a wall. "Yes I care about you, gosh. But like a friend."

She smiled and placed her warm kiss on my lips. I tried to push her off of me but she wouldn't move. My body responded before my mind as my lips moved against hers for a brief second.

I pushed her off me. "What did you just do?"

"What do you mean? I just kissed you. She smiled, "And you kissed back. You're a real idiot. I still want you back though. Jessie's going to be so disappointed." She tsked.

"I've been looking all over for you. I though you were gone already. But then again, you're my ride so it was kind of inferred that you hadn't left."

I turned around and Jessie's arms flung around my neck. "I got and A on my essay. I bet you feel dumb knowing that your girlfriend is a genius. I'd feel dumb. Tell me you feel dumb."

She had the most smug smile on her face. "Hey Jessie. I was just rekindling with Andrew."

Jessie nodded at Hailey and laughed lightly, "I don't even want to know."

No you do not.

"We're cool right? I mean, I know you're sorry for being bitch. Heck, I wasn't a saint either was I?" Hailey laughed and Jessie smiled.

She was about to say something but I took her hand in mine pulled her to my car. She pulled her hand out if my grasp. "What the hell! I was finally getting through to her."

I ignored her comments and pulled her by her waist and pulled her into a kiss. Our lips moved in perfect harmony. I kissed her like it was our last...it could easily be. She pulled away but her arms were still around my neck and my hands were still on her waist.

"What was that for?"

I shrugged and dropped my hands to my side and she did too. "Let's go."

"Yeah you need to drop me home because I'm tired of seeing this damn place."

She laughed and I forced out a light laugh which was very unconvincing but she seemed unfazed as she didn't notice.

I pulled up at her house and she came out of my car. I followed her to the door. "Can I come in?"

She shrugged and walked into the house. "Yes? No?"

"Yes." She laughed and I walked in while she locked the door behind her.

She went in the kitchen for a while and came out with a tub of strawberry ice cream. I laughed and she looked at me. "Shut up," She said through a mouthful of creamy goodness.

"Whatever you say...berry."

I burst out laughing and walked up to her, stealing her spoon. "Hey! You know what, keep it...I don't need a spoon."

I laughed as she walked up the stairs, holding her head high. I followed after her and gave her the spoon when I saw her using her finger. She took it not meeting my eyes and I laughed. "Your adorable." I pinched her cheeks lightly and she rolled her eyes slapping my hand away.

She sat on her bed, resting her back against the headboard. I sat next to her, putting my arm around her shoulder. "What were you and Hailey rekindling about?"

I tensed and I prayed she didn't notice because if she did, she didn't show it.

"Um...you know. Like the stuff you talk about. You know? Talk stuff like on talk shows kind of stuff...stuff."

She shifted under my hold, "I swear if you kissed her I'll kill you. Then I'll kill you in your after life. And then I'll kill you in your after after life. Then your after after after life...you get the point."

"What? Who told you what? What are you talking about? Because I don't know what you're talking about? So how bout' that plane food huh? Did you order pizza? We should order pizza. Do you like pizza. I like pizza."

"I was kidding damn." She laughed and I forced out a chuckle.

"Let's watch-"

"Thirteen Reasons Why!"

She groaned and stretched out the word, "No! It's dumb. Why what? Thirteen reason why what? Just why?"

"You wouldn't understand the art."

She scoffed, "Oh please. Who makes tapes about this stuff? She killed herself because she was raped. Um hello, life goes on."

"That's rather rude."

"I don't mean it in a bad way. I just mean life is a precious thing and you can't just take it away like that. She was lucky enough to be gifted with a life and she's not the one who decides when it ends or not."

"That's deep Jess."

She nodded, "I bet you feel dumb."

I smiled, "Stop that."

"Just admit it. I've made you feel dumb whole day. Do you know why?"

"Why?"

She raised her eyebrows, "Because you're dumb."

She fell asleep as I played with her hair in my fingers. My phone buzzed to the side and I picked it up.

It was a mistake. I should've left it.

Your a good kisser babe (;