Shattered- Chapter eight

Andrew's POV

I had the worst headache of the century. I felt like a thousand little hammers were banging against the walls of my head...inside and out. I haven't felt this way in months, not ever since I quit smoking and drinking.

I tried to remeber everything from last night but I gained no recollection, as it was all a blur. It was as if my memory of that night was wiped.

When you are drunk, you don't forget everything...your brain temporarily looses the ability to make memories. Well, that's one thing I actually remember from class.

All I could remeber was leaving the restaurant after being stood up. The thought of what Jessie did to me fueled my anger but I tried to remeber if she called me and told me why she couldn't come.

As I tried to remeber, my headache only increased, so I gave up.

My idiot brother barged into my room without even knocking but I was feeling to dead to tell him anything about it.

"Mom's calling you! You're in trouble!"

He stood there smiling and nodding his head and I just rolled my eyes and pushed him away from my path. He kicked me in my leg, because I pushed him and I was about to hit him back but the sound of a clearing throat stopped me.

I turned to my right only to see my mom, with her hands folded.

She shook her head in disappointment and walked away.

Brandon showed me his middle finger, "That's what you get for being an ass."

"Go fuck yourself twerp!"

All I did was push him. Was it really that big of a deal that she had to be mad about it. Feeling guilty, with a huff, I trudged behind her.

"Mom." I stretched the word and she stopped midway in her steps causing me to bump into her back. "Oof!"

She looked at me. "Why?"

I looked at her for a while not understanding why she was making a big deal out of this. "Why I pushed him? He was in my way and he's annoying. You made an annoying little child you know-"

She sighed and with a deep breath she slapped me.

My mouth unhinged itself leaning my jaw on the ground. I touched the now bruising area, hissing as it burned.

"How could you do that?! She's so nice! And you with your high ass self went and yelled at the girl! You said some nasty things! Words that would taste bitter in my mouth! And to top it all off, you pushed her onto the ground!"

Clueless, I stood there as she watched me, waiting for an answer.

My mouth opened and closed continuously and I'm sure I looked like a fish...I felt like a fish...a fish out of water.

"What?"

"Let me guess. You can't remeber anything you did last night? You said you'd quit. And you did, for a while. Was rehab not enough?"

I clenched and unclenched my fist continuously, at the mention of that place. I couldn't dare speak it's name...Rehab.

But she was right I couldn't remeber anything.

She filled me in on everything telling me that she overheard my yelling and Jessie's crying.

After she was finished I had one word.

Shit.

I picked up my keys and a mint and headed out the door ignoring my mother's calls telling me I didn't bathe.

Jessie was more important.

I messed up...Big time.

I knocked continously on her door until her mother abruptly opened it.

"Why are you here?"

"I need to see Jessie please."

She went to closed the door in my face but I stopped it with my foot.

"Please I know I messed up...but isn't that part of life?"

"Yeah so?"

"Please..."

"No!"

She went to close the door again but I put my foot, stopping it once again. I hissed in pain as the door closed on my foot really hard.

"Please. Just let me talk to her."

She contemplated on the thought and eventually sighed and gave in.

I yelled a thanks and headed up to Jessie's room.

"Jessie I'm so-"

I stopped midway in my sentence when I saw Jessie was sitting on Zack's lap with her head on his chest and his hands around her waist, keeping her in place.

I cleared my throat but she didn't move. Zack looked at me and smirked, though.

Jessie's eyes were red and puffy and that broke my heart. I'm such an ass hole.

"Why are you here?"

I ignored him as if his absence was non existence.

"Jessie can we talk?"

She looked past my face but said nothing. She was so fragile...I felt like if I broke her.

Zack smirked and placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Please leave."

Again I ignored him. "Jessie please. I'm only human can't you see I made a mistake, please just look me in my face tell me everything's okay."

"Zack, can you step outside for a minute...please?"

He kissed her one last time, earning an eye roll from me, and left.

After a few minutes of silence she finally spoke, "You know you really hurt me."

I looked at her. "You hurt me too, you know. This isn't one sided. You stood me up. I stayed there for three hours."

I licked my lips and looked at the ceiling, trying to stop my tears. Remebering being alone on a cold, dark night, when I was supposed to be with a beautiful and kind girl in a restaurant.

She always acted as if she was so innocent...maybe I can fix that.