Shattered- Chapter eighteen

I woke up sitting on the couch with Zack's head on my lap and a fallen book on the floor. I smiled and ran my hand through his brown locks. His eyes slowly opened. "Morning."

My smile grew, "Hi."

Last night was fun. After the big make out session, we studied and he kept making jokes, trying to distract me. And he would slyly rest his hand on my thigh which made me have to tell him to pay attention over and over again.

Then realization hit me. My mom must be worried sick. And the test is today. I'll be late. I look at his clock and sigh in relief when it only read six thirty in the morning.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes and he looked so cute. The hair and the sleepy eyes was just too much to handle.

I stood up. "I need to leave. My mom's probably worried. And I have to get dressed and stuff."

He smiled, "Yeah I understand."

"I had a great time last night...I didn't know you were so geeky." I poked his sides and he laughed waving me off.

"Yeah well you bring out the best in me." I blush and he leans in but I pull away from his grasp.

"I have morning breath...you probably do too." I laugh.

"So?"

Without allowing me to respond, he places a short and sweet kiss on my lips.

"See you at school, Jess."

"Bye, Zack."

I tell the maid, Rosemary, bye and drive to my house. "Where have you been I've been worried sick?! And so was Andrew !"

I eyes go wide when I see Andrew sitting on the living room couch avoiding my eyes.

I ignored him. "I slept wth Zack."

Andrew's attention is on me and my mother gasps. I realise how bad it sounds after a while.

"No I didn't sleep with him I slept with him. We were studying and we fell asleep."

"Well at least call next time."

"I will."

"Well I have work. Bye love you."

She places a kiss on my forhead and leaves the house and I head up to my room hearing Andrew sigh.

"Jessie don't ignore me."

I opened my door and locked it. I showered and brushed my hair, fluffing it for some volume. Why is he here. Can't he tell he's being ignore. I don't want to see him. Yeah I feel bad for leading Zack on but, he'll get used to it. That's rude oh my gosh I've changed. I'll just apologize after. That's is if Hailey and her dumb ass boyfriend break up.

I apply some pink lip gloss and some mascara. I wore a black mini dress with black tall boots heeled boots and a black and white plaid long shirt. I grab my bag and my keys and headed downstairs.

"Jessie...please."

I head for the door but he roughly turns me around. I slap him, "Don't touch me!"

"You didn't answer my calls...or texts."

"Why are you here?" I glare at him ignoring his previous comment.

"I was worried when you didn't answer my messages or calls."

"Maybe I was just ignoring you."

"Did I do something?"

"I don't know?" I take a step dangerously close to him, "Did you?"

"Is this about Hailey?"

"Is it?"

"Are you jealous?"

"Am I?"

"Stop that! You're being a bitch because I have a girlfriend?! You didn't see me acting like this when you were with Zack?" He pauses a while before continuing, "Ignore what I just said...moving on."

"I'm not ignoring you. In fact you're ignoring me. What the hell?! Your so busy with Hailey we bearly hang out!"

"You're being a bitch, honestly-"

He stops when I take off the ring he gave me and throw it at him. It falls at his feel and he watches it, his features softening. I know I'm being stupid because I'm jealous but he came into my house accusing me of ignoring him which isn't true.

"Take your shit back! Maybe you could give one to Hailey. She'll get one that says fuck and you'll get one that says buddy!" I laugh humorlessly, "I wish I never met you!"

I turn around trying hard not to cry because the mascara took really long to do and also he's seen me cry enough already.

"You know what? Maybe I will! You're nothing but a jealous slut!"

"Excuse me! I wouldn't say that if I were you Mr. man whore who sleeps around!"

"You know I stopped!"

"Do I?" I run my hand through my hair.

"I wish you never found your voice! You were better off being a pathetic little shit who had a dead best friend!"

"Get out!"

He looked at me. He finally seemed to realise what he said because he looked at me, apologetically. "Jessie I didn't mean that it just came out."

"I never want to see your face again! Get the fuck out of my house! I'm sorry that I talk but all you have to do is not listen!"

He stood there and my voice made him flinch, "Get out!"

He picked up the ring and stopped in front of me. He pushed it in my hands and walked out, slamming the door behind him. I call Zack and ask him to pick me up.

I cry. I cry and cry and cry. I just want to call Andrew and tell him I'm sorry. I wanna tell him to come back because I miss him already. But I don't...I can't. I won't. I wipe the mess off my face and decided against putting on on a new coat of mascara. I hear the car horn and I put on a shades, hiding my puffy, red eyes.

I lock the door behind me and get into his car.

I lean my head against the car window.

"You look hot," he puts his hand on my thigh.

I want to blush. I wanna thank him but I can't bring myslef to speak.

"Are you okay?" He uses his thumb to rub circles against my skin.

I lift the shades and rub my eyes. "Yeah just sleepy," I lie.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now drop it." I snap and he stays quiet.

I sigh becasue it's not his fault and I shouldn't be taking out my anger on him. "I'm sorry it's just that Andrew and I had and fight."

"Was it that bad?"

I waited, playing with the ring in my hands, before looking at him.

"I think I may have lost his friendship."